OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coxs River Camping Ground ( Blue Mountains )

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we should organise a summer trip down there so we can all enjoy the pleasure of stubbies in the river......... mmmmmm beer

Cheers
    Nick
    2008 GU VI DX Wagon - CRD power
    Momentum is a locker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds good Nick, hopefully by summer I will have fixed my gearbox and have a drivable Patrol!
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Cox's River Camping Area.

"UPDATE" As of 11/12/2011
    I wouldn't bother going to the camping area now as they have closed it all off. There is plenty of camping for tents and walkers but those of us that enjoy vehical based camping have pretty much been shut out. It is disgusting, I have been going there for over 20 years.
    The owner of the "ECO LODGE" has been complaining and she may be within her rights as there have been some idiots in there tearing the place up.
    All the camping area is fenced of so that no vehicals can enter.
    If you feel passionate about this please ensure that you phone the Land Managment Authority in Orange on 02 63914300. If enough people complain we might be able to have some more land opened up for us. The river is fenced so you can no longer park down there, if you intend on camping there, take your tent.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard70au For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (20th December 2011), patch697 (19th December 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard70au View Post
    "UPDATE" As of 11/12/2011
    I wouldn't bother going to the camping area now as they have closed it all off. There is plenty of camping for tents and walkers but those of us that enjoy vehical based camping have pretty much been shut out. It is disgusting, I have been going there for over 20 years.
    The owner of the "ECO LODGE" has been complaining and she may be within her rights as there have been some idiots in there tearing the place up.
    All the camping area is fenced of so that no vehicals can enter.
    If you feel passionate about this please ensure that you phone the Land Managment Authority in Orange on 02 63914300. If enough people complain we might be able to have some more land opened up for us. The river is fenced so you can no longer park down there, if you intend on camping there, take your tent.
    thats shocking!!! it was a beautiful camp site!!!! used to love camping there and was thinking of going down there in next 12 months or so for a 4wd trip have some people up here interested in doing it. guess we will be looking for camp sites on top of the range or down in little valley dont like camping on top of the range there as weather can be unpredictable. i will definatly be making a phone call tomorrow

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome 2 the forum Richard70au, Thanks 4 that bit of info, I will be ringing them tomorrow.

When you get a chance, post up an intro about yourself and your rig.

Cheers Todd

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed Alison from the Six Foot Track Heritage Trust last night, below is what she had 2 say. What a bummer.... another spot in NSW getting closed off

Hi Todd,

The trust has only recently installed a post and rail fence around the camping area and along the river. It was installed for the safety of the bushwalkers who are camping as there has been an increase in vehicle visitation, and with this unsociable behaviour and illegal activities. You can at the moment still get through the gate to the north and turn around down towards the river. This gate will be locked at some stage in the future however as it is access to private property. There is still room to park vehicles outside of the camping area but you can no longer drive into the camping area.

Regards

Alison Spurway
    Six Foot Track Heritage Trust
    92 Kite St | Orange NSW 2800
    PO Box 2146 | Orange NSW 2800
    T: 02 6391 4306 | F: 02 6362 3896 | E: Alison.spurway@lands.nsw.gov.au
    Department of Primary Industries
    W: www.crownland.nsw.gov.au | www.six.nsw.gov.au | www.stateparks.nsw.gov.au | www.caravanandcampingnsw.com.au

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man thats sux big time. Im spose to be heading down there for a day trip on the 10th march. I will have to wait and see what happens

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That way is not completely banned but because of previous few hazards that way was banned for a time but the complete ban was opened later. I personally have not visited the way but just let you know that i got this news one of my friend/buddy who is living there..So i am not saying this that it is certain and final but i am just passing the information to those who have the same question about that way.
    Last edited by Nissan Lover; 21st June 2013 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure its closed off to vehicle access, I can't find the email but I'm sure I emailed them a few months back and Alison said it was now closed

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might head up this way this weekend for a look around. If anyone's in the area....We might do one night at Mt Walker and one in Jenolan SF. Hopefully the tracks will be dried out by then but it will be freezing.

Waka
    GU8 2012 with a few extras

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast