User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exhaust whistle?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contacted Beaudesert about the whistle and they said it's normal for the Patrols to get the whistle after the exhaust has been fitted. It's from the turbo spooling up faster and running more freely.

Don't know why I didn't call them initially
    2012 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD. Alloy bull bar, HID spotties, Pioneer GPS/CD/DVD head unit, Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust, Autometer Boost and Pyro gauges.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do, kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonicus View Post
    Just went and tested a couple of things, blocked the exhaust for a few secs, no sounds of leaking plenty of pressure. No whistle when backing off if there's little to zero boost. Only when boost builds is there a whistle when backing off. On very minimal boost there's a tiny whistle for a split second just before engine hits idle speed.

So, good call and thanks guys, looks like it's just turbo whistle and I now know what that sounds like

Cheers
    mine makes the same noise and mine is not leaking i believe its the turbo with the less back pressure just slowing down easier
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin07 For This Useful Post:

Lonicus (4th February 2013)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123