OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STEINBAUER Performance chips explained. One Anally retentive engineer found out.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok So my mte sent his data to me, regards fuel

He first tank, was mainly town driving, manage 965 km out of 113.2 L click to click on fuel fill
    Second tank, towing a trailer for approx 150 km, plus a highway trip, 935km out of 110.5 L click to click on fuel fill

So that's an average of 11.7L/100, you got to be happy with that.

BLODDY bugga, i sooo want one....
    SHINY AND NEW: 2015 Series 2 Y62 Ti in White. Bone stock, hate to say it but its the wifes car this time.

OLD SOLD:Silver 50th Anniversary Patrol, 2" Pro-Comp Lift, 32" MT ATZ 4 Rib, 9000lb Warn Winch, UH7700NB + BT UHF Brilliant. Ultra Gauge and some GO FAST bits........

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get that low going down a hill lol

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine comes close but thats redicilous
    SHINY AND NEW: 2015 Series 2 Y62 Ti in White. Bone stock, hate to say it but its the wifes car this time.

OLD SOLD:Silver 50th Anniversary Patrol, 2" Pro-Comp Lift, 32" MT ATZ 4 Rib, 9000lb Warn Winch, UH7700NB + BT UHF Brilliant. Ultra Gauge and some GO FAST bits........

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: STEINBAUER Performance chips explained. One Anally retentive engineer found out.

What was is fuel usagw before the chip do you know?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Teno's Troll...
    08 CRD ST. 2" lift, 33' Maxis Bighorns, Snorkel, ARB Deluxe Bar with Foggies, 12000lbs Avenger Mako TDS with Synthetic rope.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe about mid 12's

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont mean to rock the boat here. But the dirty ole mechanically injected 4.2 can pull fuel figures in the mid 12's and it has 2 extra cylinders and no electronics. I for one towing around the 3T mark can still get 17/100 and if Im nice to it when not towing can see high 11's. I know mine isnt completely stock but for the dollar spent on a chip I would want to see considerable gains in everything and as stated the steinbaur seems to do this. IMO you are mad fitting something that just changes fuel pressure cos this on its own can only deliver a certain increase. Its a pretty simple equation really, to make more power you need more fuel, more air etc and to get more fuel in the time of delivery needs to be longer, pressure does help but only so much, and being forced induction the extra air part is easy.

The point I am trying to make is if your gonna do it "do it once do it right", you may have to spend more up front but you are gonna be a lot more satisfied with the outcome.

Wogs'r'us you have put up some great info and I feel others should read this and take it into account before going down the path of a chip. Do the research and read up on everything be informed before purchasing a product and you will be content.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All i can say is that mine with an exhaust, manual, compared with his with a stock exhaust and stain is almost 7 seconds quicker to 100 Kph, HUGE difference. And yeah, stain connects to individual injector plus TP.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: STEINBAUER Performance chips explained. One Anally retentive engineer found out.

I got 1450km out of my 145lt tank 2.8td
    cheers stevo.

No chip
    green 1997 rx 2.8td manual, 2"liftkit with poli air in the rear, bullbar, ipf900 spotties, snorkle, uhf, 145lt longrange tank

soon to include 3" exhaust, custom psi/pyro gauge inbuilt to the dash and plenty natual pinstriping by the bush

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi all so what i have gathered so far is the exhaust pipe up grade seems to be the best in regards in improved power and performance in the short term

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for that mate i was wondering had the chip worked

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast