Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris72GQ View Post
    1992 GQ ST WAGON RB30
    just did a trip on the weekend with the club, i did approx 300km and wait for it,..............................................u sed 90ltrs of unleaded
    I suspect there is something wrong.
    Ahhhh ... I feel better all of a sudden!! lmfao ... sorry mate, had to take the opportunity. What sort of trip (i.e. large portion at 100klms per hour?) - mine uses about 30 litres per 100 around town, but drops (not sure on petrol though) to about 22-23 per 100 on the open road ... I suspect you're spot on the money and something isn't quite right ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:
    on my usual weekly commuter run, my fuel consumption dropped from 26l to 18l/100km. Why???? The only thing I did was inflate the tyres! A couple were a bit low, about 15-20psi (I just bought the car and it's the first time I checked), so they are all up to 30psi now. Could that make such a difference?

On another run at the weekend, mainly 100kph for 2 hours and some slow driving/rought roads for 1 hour, I got 20l/100km.

(both with a/c on most of the time).
    Last edited by boggy2006; 6th December 2010 at 08:35 AM.
    1981 Nissan Patrol MQ SWB, 3.3TD, West Melbourne.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On my trip up through Central Oz (6000kms) towing the camper my GU IV TD42Ti I averaged 17lt/100 going up the middle on the bitumen, was out to about 24lt/100 on the dirt in 4wd.

I just did a check yesterday running down the hwy and commuting about the place and i got 14.2lt/100kms and very very pleased with that.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 7th December 2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    On my trip up through Central Oz (6000kms) towing the camper my GU IV TD42Ti I averaged 17lt/100 going up the middle on the bitumen, was out to about 24lt/100 on the dirt in 4wd.

I just did a check yesterday running down the hwy and commuting about the place and i got 14.2lt/100kms and very very pleased with that.
    Awesome consumption figures mate - I'm never going to get the rig down to those sort of numbers, but even around 20 (or just below) on the open road fully UNLADEN would be a bonus !!!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those diesels sure are good on fuel. But when I fill up with LPG at 48c/l (56c-8c discount) I love it! Mind you I am from the UK where petrol was at least $2.60/l !!! So it costs me the same to run my Patrol as a small 1.6l diesel car would in the UK.
    1981 Nissan Patrol MQ SWB, 3.3TD, West Melbourne.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Just reading this info about your fuel consumption and thought I might put it out there also.
    Has anyone had any experiences with installing a hydrogen set up in there patrol? I was talking to a guy who has an old Mav and he bought it with this already installed and he swears by it. He has more power, less emmission and better fuel consumption. It basically consists of a jar with about 75% full of de-mineralised water or rain water that is charged, producing hydrogen gas that is sucked into the fuel system or manifold???. He said he can not produce enough hydrogen. All he does is top it up once a week.
    I would like to investigate this to see if this can in fact be fitted and is as good as it sounds.
    Any ideas?
    Oh - and my 94 GQ gets 13Ks/100Ltrs...
    Baileys - Coffs Harbour, NSW.

I mean 13ltrs/100Klms...DUH
    Last edited by Baileys; 8th December 2010 at 07:21 PM.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those interested in straight petrol fuel figures, I will be doing a 1500Km run in a EFI 4.2 (TB42E) 96 patrol next week and plan on keeping a close eye on the consumption figures. No towing, roof rack, and 95% of distance as highway miles. Will post the results towards the end of next week. I'm certainly hopeing they work out fairly good.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my gu tb48
    with 1 tank can move around 400 km

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, forgot, it is a GQ, those are the figures I have been told to expect. Just bought the car, and looking foward to see exactly what I can get with careful driving.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post

Hey Hey, i got my mathes wrong a little. Those figures for current would be accurate if i had standard tyres...But i have 285's on and that put my speedo out 6%. Soooo..wait for it...6% adjustment..???

My TD42Tdi just got 13.4L/100kms around town and the freeway from Geelong to Melbourne. First time i have figured that and am Very happy with those numbers
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast