Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paypal Scam

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont use Paypal after they shafted me on a fleebay sale when the buyer changed their mind,
    I did have a simular email saying id bought some softwarefrom a company in Canada and it was ready for download and that $240 was to be taken out of my account with the details i'd supplied 0.o
    The company had a ligit web page just the email was diferent so i did what Ova50 did and Foward the email to their spoof address.
    Scammers getting way to clever these days.have to be on the ball all the time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up Steve, You should get this msg on any PayPal email....

How do I know this is not a fake email?
    Fake or 'phishing' emails tend to have generic greetings such as "Dear PayPal member". Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last name. It will also have the crime stoppers icon and number top left of the msg.

Find out more about fake and phishing emails https://email-edg.paypal.com/r/K9S0B...90/67TXSB/FI/h
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are getting good at the design of their emails.
    Scotty B | Take it Off Road or Take it Back
    3.0L GUIV 2005 - TIG Welded Intercooler, NADS, Redarc Dual Battery, Additional rear power socket, 2" Lift (Ironman constant load foam cell), Electronic Trailer Brake Controller, Steel Bullbar, 12,000lb Winch, UHF

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All the emails I have ever gotten in the past three years claiming that I won the lottery or inherited bucket load of cash I have thrown into a folder called I'm Rich. One day I will count all that money just to see how rich I could have been if I replied to all those emails...I should really get around to replying to those such nice people with their good hearts offering to give away money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12