Thread: The GoPro Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    They look good what did it set you back? I like the one with 2. Ch and LCD built in

Do you know if the rear camera is waterproof? And what kind of plug has it got, it looks like a 2.5-3mm headphone plug?

Just over 500 with the parking power meter supply box, camera/s is not waterproof, so inside the car only, supplied camera cable is a MC- card (mini coax)

I didn't go with the LCD one because you want the front lens in the middle of your car (well I do) the LCD screen did not look like it will fit behind the rear vision mirror (as I have mine) Plus you could not use it there anyway, I didn't want the LCD screen lower than the rear vision mirror blocking my view, or annoying me at night, and ive heard of people getting busted having a GPS mounted there so may not be legal ?

If you mount it just above the dash it will still block your view, and the cameras view ahead may be too low for a lifted patrol for car park incidents etc ?, but im not sure, The one with the LCD, does have a full HD rear cam, and I like the idea of the screen, but I would have to have it somewhere I cant really see/use the screen, or have it way off centre , I never tried a LCD one in the car , but mine fits completely behind the rear view mirror and blocks zero view, I plan to paint the back of the mirror black so the camera is even harder to see, I think the idea is you don't play with them all the time, more let them do their thing until you need to retrieve footage.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers I think you have the right unit for the patrol and I would set it up the same.
    I'm shopping for one for a Renault master single cab so plenty of window room and I was wanting a recorder and a reverse camera so I could get both in one. I rarely drive it at night so the LCD won't bother me much but that unit is $600 on ebay with the parking box included so I'll have to think about it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well id say the rear camera not waterproof would make it not practical in a long tray ute, as the camera behind the back window would be too far away from the rear of the vehicle, plus your load can block the rear camera ?
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was out there 2 weekends ago on the bike and found some new and interesting tracks. Will be good to try them in the patrol.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Well id say the rear camera not waterproof would make it not practical in a long tray ute, as the camera behind the back window would be too far away from the rear of the vehicle, plus your load can block the rear camera ?
    I'm getting a canopy fitted and vinyl sides so could maybe look at a acrylic window on the back but it would depend on the cord length also as the trays a good 4m

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought a blackvue at the 4wd show recently but have not installed it yet, bought mainly for the g shock recording and the movement sensor recording.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    i bought a blackvue at the 4wd show recently but have not installed it yet, bought mainly for the g shock recording and the movement sensor recording.
    did Hollywood load up any footage of the weekend yet stropp?
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wa 489 View Post
    did Hollywood load up any footage of the weekend yet stropp?
    no heis up tonight on his way to work, i will get onto him.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213