Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my NADS

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with my NADS

So as some already know I got a grenade 2001 gu s2 dx manual yes I have been reading the other posts (how confusing) so ppl with experience etc at doing the NADS. So boost & egt gauges bigger intercooler what else is needed? Do ppl change the turbo as this a big problem on these? So I'm in Melbourne. Where's the best place to get these items quality&price is a big issue only want to do it once does the exhaust need to be put to a 3" as I want to do it anyways but does that help? If you can help me I can make it worth it for you one night with bloodyaussie you know hes up for it
    IF ITS NOT BROKEN IT MUST BE A PATROL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Check Chaz yellowfoot thread in archives, it has where to buy what you need Dawes is $45 AUS from 3barracing in the states,, darren dawes is the man.PM Mudski he may have some in stock and lives near BA. the needle valve is from Dependable distributors in Sth Aust $85 from memory, get extra "tee" from 3barracing too, then you'll need a Provent 400 catch can about not sure on price , These plus your pillar pod and EGT and boost gauge,oh and send the Ferret a PM for an EGR block plate, All foolproof drawings are in Chaz yellowfoot thread {guru}. you have earlier model with vacuum canister,this is also written about. Need gauges fitted first
    Last edited by threedogs; 14th January 2013 at 03:51 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3d just about sums it up and chaz,s diagrams are clear to follow
    i didnt go the 3'' exhaust i went 2.5from the back of the turbo 2.5 high flow cat and off set muffler
    not a fan of 3''

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks Roofy, Beaudesert do a 2.75" DIY others would be able to give you prices.
    I've 3" from turbo back needed NADS bigtime as overboosting bigtime, now its like
    a Swiss watch and running like a dream thanks to Boots and others on this forum

6. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

boots (14th January 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my 2.75" Beaudesert, price is around $1135 + packing and freight ($100 combined) for me. Freight might be a bit more given you're a bit further south.

Not sure Ferret is doing the plates any more, he was unable to supply one to me for "reasons beyond his control".
    2012 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD. Alloy bull bar, HID spotties, Pioneer GPS/CD/DVD head unit, Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust, Autometer Boost and Pyro gauges.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do, kill people and damage property.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is what I have done to my '01 GUII.
    • Dawes valve
    • Needle valve ( recently removed the dependable one as it was leaking via the control knob, so now using an alternative cheaper unit which doesn't leak)
    • EGR plate
    • Boost and EGT gauge ( all in one jobbie from McNally in the USA) Full electric gauge so no vac lines needed to run inside the cab.
    • 3inch Redback zorst
    • Provent 200 catch can
    • DP chip
    • A.R.E IC scoop
    • Better IC yet to come. I can't justify the asking price for the ones floaty around, currently looking abroad for one.

I do have some Dawes valves coming, should be this week, the ones from 3Bar have gone up in price and maybe going up again. A new and cheaper needle valve hopefully this week too, but I will be testing it first and EGR plates should be ready this week too, should...
    The Zorst I got for $900, and I fitted it myself, going back to get the muffler chopped out soon. I do still have the stock dump pipe at home sitting here which the cat has been gutted and a bung for the EGT pyro welded in if you want to go that way...The gauge works and looks really trick, one gauge sitting in between the speedo and tacho, no pillar pod required. DP chip, look around for a second hand one, I picked mine up for $650 by memory.
    Then you have to talk to TD about recovery points. I can help you out with fitting them if you need...
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ecovery-plates.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mudski; 14th January 2013 at 05:36 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

threedogs (1st February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Like your scoop Mudski they look great on the white GU, I have stainless EGR blanking plates and have had for ages, just thought Ferret had them covered and didn't want to steal his thunder.
    Got everything covered and all live within 3/4 hour of each other, beer it on
    Last edited by threedogs; 14th January 2013 at 06:15 PM.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had a few frothies already.... Anyhow I now have six stainless EGR plates in my hands. Should have been more but I'll get what I'm given hey...

Yeah someone talked me into forking out $$$ for that scoop. Does look trick though.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Make them look much better, should be OE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    beaudesert 2and3/4 '' exhaust was $1240 healy from memory and a pwr performance IC was around $700. both delivered . Agree with everyone elses comments in regards to all other bits required .
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast