OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1995 Nissan Patrol Safari - Should I stick with it? If so; what needs to be done?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 752 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I read the story: one guy bought a car and also was surprised that fuel tank always contain only 1/3 of fuel from normal volume.
    Then he unmount it and found this

I'm Alexander and I'm the happiest owner of GQ Nissan Safari in the whole Central Asia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 752 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This car was used for contraband cigarettes from Belorussia to Poland and other European Republics.
    I'm Alexander and I'm the happiest owner of GQ Nissan Safari in the whole Central Asia

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wine_maker View Post
    This car was used for contraband cigarettes from Belorussia to Poland and other European Republics.
    Haha that is quite extraordinary!
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It should have a 90lt tank in the back and if your really lucky a30 lt tank under the driver.

How are you determining that you can only put 60lts in it? How do you know it's empty? Just off the gauge? You may have a dodgy fuel sender and trying to fill a tank that still has 30lts in it??

You have the fuel injected TB42 I think which should be a good thing. Bolt a turbo to it
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep as MR has said, your tank should be 90ltrs, your fuel consumption is around the norm, some of us get a little better economy, some of us worse. Best way to know what sort of Km you can do on a full tank, is to fill up a jerry can, fill up your fuel tank and go for a nice drive until you run out keeping a note of your mileage on the odometer...... Hopefully that works lol.

I saykeep it, get a 2" lift kit put on, change that lovely interior and enjoy one tough 4wd.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers guys -

Lol @ that picture of the smuggled cigarretes. Now i'm excited to see

Anyways it seems the consensus is to persist with it, and go ahead with interior fixes; suspension lift; possibly turbo fitted (am I right in not worring about the 400k odometer ?).

My progress will be slow but will try to keep the thread updated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get a compression test done and if your compresion is pretty close to standard you should be fine, these engine whether they are petrol or diesel can last for near on ever if you do need a rebuild in the future it would be a hell of a lot cheaper over there than here. there is another guy on the forum who lives over that way and he had his gearbox rebuild for $1200aus

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Best way to know what sort of Km you can do on a full tank, is to fill up a jerry can, fill up your fuel tank and go for a nice drive until you run out keeping a note of your mileage on the odometer...... Hopefully that works lol.
    I was going to say exactly the same thing. Take extra fuel and drive until you run out! even if you just do that during your normal week, carry the extra 20 on the back door and drive until it runs out, you might be surprised.

As 93Patrol said, get a compression test and start bolting up mate.

Good luck.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dat interior

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged