Thread: Aluminium tool boxes touring setup

Thanks
    Thanked 4,663 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that yours newby? Is a nice setup.
    Great thinking to step down the canopy to keep the tent down to.
    But I think that's a little more up market than what's wanted.
    I believe in the do it once do it right saying. So saving for what you really want and make a permanent setup is what I'd be doing.

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nuh its not mine. Its one of my mates. I was just throwing ideas out there for him and thought he could draw inspiration from this. He may have people that can weld alloy etc etc and he may just have to pay for materials you never know.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great replies so far

Nissannewby.. At the moment unfortunately i need to maintain the ability to be able to remove all of the canopy by myself so i can use the tray if i need it.. which is one of the reasons i was looking at the tool box idea because it gives me the ability to unbolt everything and remove it myself. Your mates camper looks awesome. As soon as i get a chance i will find yours and have a look. In the future when i can have my ute as a dedicated touring truck id love to setup something like you have described because it would make it soooooo quick and easy for a quick night stop.

Kallen.. i agree with trying to do something right the first time and only every doing it once, but often i simply cant afford to go with what i really want. Plus i keep changing my mind on what it is that is right for me, so spending 10-15k on an awesome lift off canopy with built in RTT, diesel and water tanks is not really a good idea for me.

Threedogs.. i willl draw up some pics soon and post them of what im thinking for fitout and bracing. I like the idea of using conveyor belt as padding. Any idea where i can get some? hmm pissaphone.... dont think the ms would like that :0

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some good ideas, like that se up nissannewby, still thinking on how I want to do a camper set up.
    How about fitting a water tank under tray instead of jerry cans, I have 85 litre tank under rear of tray and works a treat, spare wheels live on tray for normal use

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a cruiser ute Pre kids , had the useual canopy set up hard roof canvas sides , we had our old double bed in the back i cut the legs down , put some of those plastic storage crates under the bed fridge was beside it , put a caravan water tank under the tray with a slide out table , so simple and very comfy to sleep in pack up in 2 min , and never paid for camping on the beaches as it always looked like it was just parked and we were fishing , I used what i had lying around to build it , the only cost I had was the canvas work , it was super simple and super effective

Gaddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12