OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Scan, calibrate and import a Rooftop Map for use in Hema/Memory Map software

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi drewboyaus,
    I have got to the bottom of the IPad issue, The software package is not correct when it states that all files that work for the PC will work on the Ipad.
    The Ipad will only look at .qct files with a few different data files where as the PC version will aaccept a range of different image and text files.
    To fix the issue i have converted all image files to .qct using .jpr as the data file and all is working fine.
    So now we have all 44 Rooftop series maps on the Ipad and all calibration files were imported from ozi,s .map format.
    Thanks for your help
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it.
    I did wonder if the file type was an issue. In some instances Memory Map will only read certain types of Ozi Explorer files (the older ones) but you seem to have sorted it.
    Good job!
    Cheers,
    Drew.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would this work with Android? Haven't got a tablet yet but am looking...

Bloody good tutorial too Drew.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes mate, should work exactly the same. Only difference might be the import process to get the maps from your PC to the tablet.
    Cheers

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,401 Times in 2,994 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, either I’m being particularly dumb or the Hema setup on the iPad to get more maps (i.e..non DIY) doesn’t work. Any advice welcome.

It seems that the DIY scanning/importing etc as detailed by Drew is dependant upon running Windows. If you are a Mac user like me the only option is to use emulation software to run windows on the Mac. That is something this little black duck aint about to do. Soooo.... it would seem that instead of DIY, the only option is to pay for & download additional maps from Hem. I have to say that I find it quite bizarre, not to say irritating, that a Windows machine is required to put a scanned map onto an Apple iPad!

So in the Hema app I click on ‘more maps’. A box comes up with options ‘Digital Map Shop’, ‘All Maps on this device’, & ‘Sort’. Good thinks I, i can just click on Digital Map Shop to be able to browse what other maps are available, but no, when I do this all I get is a list of maps which came with the initial purchase of the app. I had expected, for example, to be able to get a map of say, Melbourne, so I could use the app to navigate my way around the city. Or a selection of larger scale maps for any selected area of the country.

Am I correct that the only maps available from the Digital Map Shop through the app are those Hema ones already supplied or is there any way of obtaining others?
    Is there any way of obtaining the map files that have been scanned for importation into the app without contravening copyright?
    I’d be happy to pay for maps if I can get them into my app.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    OK, either I’m being particularly dumb or the Hema setup on the iPad to get more maps (i.e..non DIY) doesn’t work. Any advice welcome.

It seems that the DIY scanning/importing etc as detailed by Drew is dependant upon running Windows. If you are a Mac user like me the only option is to use emulation software to run windows on the Mac. That is something this little black duck aint about to do. Soooo.... it would seem that instead of DIY, the only option is to pay for & download additional maps from Hem. I have to say that I find it quite bizarre, not to say irritating, that a Windows machine is required to put a scanned map onto an Apple iPad!

So in the Hema app I click on ‘more maps’. A box comes up with options ‘Digital Map Shop’, ‘All Maps on this device’, & ‘Sort’. Good thinks I, i can just click on Digital Map Shop to be able to browse what other maps are available, but no, when I do this all I get is a list of maps which came with the initial purchase of the app. I had expected, for example, to be able to get a map of say, Melbourne, so I could use the app to navigate my way around the city. Or a selection of larger scale maps for any selected area of the country.

Am I correct that the only maps available from the Digital Map Shop through the app are those Hema ones already supplied or is there any way of obtaining others?
    Is there any way of obtaining the map files that have been scanned for importation into the app without contravening copyright?
    I’d be happy to pay for maps if I can get them into my app.

Cuppa
    Toss your ipad in the bin

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    The iPad ain't the problem.....the mac is.
    My iPad works superbly. So much so that I'll be buying another. I'm no apple fanboy but I can't speak highly enough about its ease of use. I have been a PC and network tinkerer for 2 decades but I deliberately bought the iPad as an appliance, much like a tv or microwave and it fulfils it brief as a web appliance as it should.

Anyway.

Hmmm cuppa, that is a curious predicament. It is an odd situation that there is no mac program. I didn't even realise that. Have you emailed the publisher about what to do?
    You should just go to the map shop via the app and it will bring up a list of maps to buy. Not sure why it isn't doing that for you. I'm not in a position to grab my iPad at the moment. If it hasn't been sorted by tomorrow morning I will fire mine up when I get home and check it out.
    What maps do you want mate? Can you get them scanned? I could convert them for you if you put them in my Dropbox account.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :
    Ok ........ So should I take advice from a purple hippo? hmmmm decisions decisions!

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    :

Ok ........ So should I take advice from a purple hippo? hmmmm decisions decisions!
    You know the purple arse slapping hippo is make sense!!!!! Oh and don't listen to Drew he knows nothing nadda zip!!!! Lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (17th November 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know the purple arse slapping hippo is make sense!!!!! Oh and don't listen to Drew he knows nothing nadda zip!!!! Lol
    Well that assists my decision no end! Since when did purple hippos have their arses at the front?

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast