OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Scan, calibrate and import a Rooftop Map for use in Hema/Memory Map software

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Good luck with it mate. Let me know if you need any help.....
    Will do. Cheers
    dave's 4x4 trips
    93 GQ Maverick with fun stuff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Dreeboyaus (dba?),

I thought it might be best to post here rather than PM. I guess that way everyone can see.

Thanks heaps for the instructions... so far, so good (fingers crossed)

I have got up to the point where I have calibrated and put a boundary around the map (see pic) and I am ready to import/export.

What I am a little confused about is:
    - Am I importing or exporting?
    - Is the ipad considered a pda and therefore I should be plugging it into the pc to transfer?

For some reason I had a feeling that it would be done through their server.

If you could please clarify this a little further, t'would be ACE!!!

Cheers, Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ducer; 24th January 2013 at 08:34 PM.
    dave's 4x4 trips

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIY: Scan, calibrate and import a Rooftop Map for use in Hema/Memory Map software

Ok, so you import it into your iPad through iTunes.
    1. Plug the iPad into your PC.
    2. Once iTunes has initially synced to the iPad, go to the apps tab for your iPad.
    3. Scroll down to the bottom of that page to the "file sharing" window.
    4. Click on Hema Maps or Memory Map (whichever you are using)
    5. Click the "add" button
    6. Now you need to browse to the location of your MM qct file. The directory structure will be something like: (laptop username)/Application Data (may be a hidden directory)/Memory-Map/qct
    7. Select the qct file that corresponds the the name you gave your TIF file.
    8. You should be done
    9. Open up MM on the iPad and check the available maps at the location where you expect it to be and hopefully you're all good.
    If you have any dramas let me know but I'm off to the Vic meet up at Woods Point over the weekend so won't be able to help out 'till I get back.
    Good luck with it.
    Cheers,
    Drew.

Tap this.........

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

Ducer (25th January 2013), FNQGU (29th December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good work mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks heaps Drew. Will give it a go over the weekend.

Have a good trip away
    dave's 4x4 trips

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works perfectly!! Thanks again Drew

The maps sync exactly to the previous routes that I have tracked in the past few years.

I have calibrated 14 maps, pretty much most of the high country. By any chance do you know if you can view all of the maps at the same time as opposed to one at a time? i.e - make one massive topo map so that you wouldn't have to flick between the files whilst driving

I'm going to have a look over the next couple of nights and see if I can't figure it out

cheers, Dave

Edit- nevermind, found my answer. Well, I think i haveMM forum

A bit silly IMO. After navigating for years, i am not sure why people wouldn't want this feature available and if they didn't like it, maybe MM could organise it so that it can be turned off and on. Anyhoos, I'm going to bump their thread and see what happens.

Cheers Dave
    Last edited by Ducer; 27th January 2013 at 08:16 PM.
    dave's 4x4 trips

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIY: Scan, calibrate and import a Rooftop Map for use in Hema/Memory Map software

Good to hear you sorted it mate.
    Got to test out my scans on the Woods Point trip this weekend and they worked a treat.
    My navi was able to help guide the convoy with the Rooftops maps from about 6 cars back.

Tap this.........

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having Trouble with the Ipad licencing 3rd party map Import

Hi there guys,

Thanks for all of the useful info, athough I am having trouble getting the maps to show up on the Ipad.
    I,m guessing because i can't get the Ipad registered. Is there a trick to do this, nowhere in the app does is give you the option to licence the ipad as one of the 2 mobile devices you get when paying your 50$. I have imported the maps on the Ipad via Itunes but they wont show up on the Ipad. I have reset the app like suggested but doesnt seem to work. Has anyone else run into this issue?
    PS, I already had all of the Rooftops maps in Digital format (ozi) as I purchased the CD's some years ago before, It is possible to convert them with a bit of mucking around. Got them all working On the MM PC version ok but just not on the Ipad.
    Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIY: Scan, calibrate and import a Rooftop Map for use in Hema/Memory Map softwa

Find a location that is covered by your maps. You should be able to choose to view your imported map at that location.
    As I remember when I did this it automatically did checked online and did the registration.
    Check the more maps tab and "All maps on device" too
    Have you opened up the map shop on the iPad?

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....
    Last edited by Drewboyaus; 2nd April 2013 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIY: Scan, calibrate and import a Rooftop Map for use in Hema/Memory Map softwa

BTW, please head over to the intro section, say G'day and tell us a bit about your ride.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast