OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: DIY: Scan, calibrate and import a Rooftop Map for use in Hema/Memory Map software

  1. #81
    Patrol God
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thomastown, Melbourne
    Posts
    10,886
    Thanks
    5,478
    Thanked 6,276 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i gave someone jims ipad mini could you load all this crap onto it.?

    Might be a cuddle in it for ya!!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:


  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  4. #82
    Legendary Rossco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,906
    Thanks
    7,352
    Thanked 5,484 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Ive got the entire 2015 Hema map pack for OZ for Memory Map mate. All in the right format too. If you want it i can load it onto a usb for you mate. About 900mb worth. Plus i think i have the IOS one too. I downloaded this by mistake. Its about 1.5gb.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Sounds good ☺. I've got the hema explorer but is not the best in the bush, good for touring tho.
    Just love rooftop maps for the bush has got so much local knowledge & info. . .

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

    mudski (26th March 2016)

  6. #83
    The 747 Winnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Newborough, VIC
    Posts
    15,068
    Thanks
    6,620
    Thanked 10,706 Times in 5,621 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Sounds good ☺. I've got the hema explorer but is not the best in the bush, good for touring tho.
    Just love rooftop maps for the bush has got so much local knowledge & info. . .
    Yeah you just can't beat the rooftop maps!

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

    Bacho86 (27th March 2016), Rossco (26th March 2016)

  8. #84
    In Moderation
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    13,574
    Thanks
    6,709
    Thanked 8,478 Times in 5,178 Posts
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Sounds good ☺. I've got the hema explorer but is not the best in the bush, good for touring tho.
    Just love rooftop maps for the bush has got so much local knowledge & info. . .
    So the Hema maps are like the rooftops arent they?

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:


  10. #85
    Administrator AB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Christmas Hills - Yarra Glen - Victoria
    Posts
    26,914
    Thanks
    12,467
    Thanked 19,213 Times in 8,083 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @mb

    ...............................

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:


  12. #86
    Advanced
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 33 Times in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    So the Hema maps are like the rooftops arent they?

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

    Old thread, I know - but the sort of discussion that happens regularly.

    I have the Hema Great Desert Tracks and the Vic High Country maps. They're similar to Rooftop's, but Rooftop's cover a much smaller area with every track listed and named. Hema are a little better to larger areas, but will still get you by.

    Comparing Bright-Mansifeld Adventure Map and the Hema High Country, I prefer... both

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to pjhsv For This Useful Post:


  14. #87
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjhsv View Post
    Old thread, I know - but the sort of discussion that happens regularly.

    I have the Hema Great Desert Tracks and the Vic High Country maps. They're similar to Rooftop's, but Rooftop's cover a much smaller area with every track listed and named. Hema are a little better to larger areas, but will still get you by.

    Comparing Bright-Mansifeld Adventure Map and the Hema High Country, I prefer... both
    I'm not quite sure why people are using Memory-map over Oziexplorer? Ozi seems to be cheaper and the free version does more.

    And I'd say have a look at Getlost Maps these days, and compare them to rooftops and hema. They're free, so you could have both if you want.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •