User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GQ Speedo

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    both of mine are out, I drive to the same speed as most drivers on the road, has worked for me for many many years on all cars & bikes & only done for speeding when I have had a foot into it, clearly over the speed of the average Joes out there
    2002 3L GU Patrol, 2" lift, 33's, snorkel, dual battery, sliders, DVD, bluetooth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ TANK View Post
    See this thread http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...read.php?10672

GQ speedo adjustment
    This is great. It looks to me like the needle has its own calibration, whereas the odometer is a direct reading

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most speedos are out wether they be brand new or 20 years old. The odo as you've seen and mentioned is more direct and accurate. Which is great if you watching and wanting to keep accurate measure of km I guess. You can measure speed against most GPS units but even they can be out a bit. For the record for some reason mine, and a few others I know that run on 33's the speedo is fairly accurate. One way t check accuracy is to ask your friendly neighborhood policeman if they would mind checking your speed with the gun. They're calibrated very accurately.
    GQ 308 V8, tough dog lift, snorkel, Detroit locka, dual batteries, 33" Coopers, plus some other bits and pieces.

"Loud pipes save lives"

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did tests on the way back from Sydney yesterday.
    GPS Reading -> Speedo Reading
    40 -> 45
    60 -> 66
    80 -> 86
    90 -> 96
    100 -> 110

If it was the spindle, I would expect the needle to be sitting on about 5 mark when stationary. It is hard to decide between the calibration because about the 100 it was definitely greater than the 4- 5 at the 40 km mark. I would put my money on the pot adjustment under the dash. However, it is probably not worth the trouble - I basically know that if I stick the the limit on the needle then I will be below the actual limit by between 5 and 10 km/h

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123