Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maverick\GQ Rock Sliders

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maverick\GQ Rock Sliders

Thought I'd take pics and add them for you all. Just what I've been working on at the moment, basically my first real test using an Arc Welder used to MIGs but I'm pleased . Used pre-bent elbows as being 18 I had to buy all my own tools and can't afford a tube bender. All the tube is 50mm Black Pipe 4mm wall.

What do you guys suggest, 2 or 3 mounts? Is 2 enough/is 3 overkill?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to brw1994 For This Useful Post:

AB (9th January 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3 for sure

Also i Highly recommend adding Flat Plate to the underside. I also added Checker Plate to the top of mine. Without the flat plate on the bottom the cross braces will pick up BIG sticks and do WAY More damage to your sills that not having them in the first place....Speaking from Experience mate.

Nice one.

Cheers MR
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    3 for sure

Also i Highly recommend adding Flat Plate to the underside. I also added Checker Plate to the top of mine. Without the flat plate on the bottom the cross braces will pick up BIG sticks and do WAY More damage to your sills that not having them in the first place....Speaking from Experience mate.

Nice one.

Cheers MR
    Yeh that might be the go, what thickness?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty thin mate, just something to deflect the sticks and stuff. maybe 1.0mm or so?? Not sure on available sizes. Same goes for the checker plate. and either fully seal it (i did) or leave the corners open to drain out.

Good luck
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,428 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    3 for sure

Nice one.

Cheers MR
    Stops sticks getting caught between where you get in....... And where you get out

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely mate...... satisfying making them yourself, take Darrens advice he knows his stuff mate!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job mate, made mine myself too. nearly identical just used 50 internal diameter pipe. show some pics of them when there on. and how you did it, i.e. weld on clamp with bolts etc. Keep up the good work. I haven't got any plate on the underside of mine and nothing has happend yet, (touch wood) but after reading MR's post am going out to have a look at that right now.
    GQ Snorkle Lockers front n rear

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, what if you use steel checkerplate just on the top? Im curious. They look the goods! Ill probably make some soon.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dales300exc View Post
    Just a thought, what if you use steel checkerplate just on the top? Im curious. They look the goods! Ill probably make some soon.
    I like the flat panel steel on the bottom so the stick just slide and deflect straight off . just putting checker on the top then each of those cross braces will remain as a decent snag and you will be amazed what a stick the size of your wrist will do coming UP through that at 60kph..I have had a stick that size come up Through my Floor under the front passengers seat while someone was sitting in it!

My Sills were destroyed over a few years at Each and Every cross brace intersection with a Dent big enough for an Apple to sit.. It took allot of work to fix and i welded the plate on and never had a problem since.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh true valid point!! My sills caved in from a stump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast