User Tag List

Thread: Show me your genuine winch installs

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show me your genuine winch installs

I have read many interesting installation ideas for fitting a Warn winch to a Genuine Nissan steel bullbar. So while i wait for assistance from my local dealer....Can anyone show me pics of their Dealer fitted winches on GU Patrol Genuine steel Bullbar? Any help greatly appreciated in advance..
    Cheers Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Glenn

Hope this helps?

Rossco
    Last edited by DX grunt; 8th January 2013 at 10:52 PM.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,545 Times in 6,615 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day Glenn,

Whats your trouble mate? do you need a specific pic? what cant the dealer tell you?

cheers MR
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is i feel dumb. I have an XD9000 warn winch. I purchased the nissan fitting kit for the winch. The instructions explain how to rotate the gearbox and the motor but No info on any of the parts that came in the kit at all...i figured its a new Number plate mount and a control box mount plate (X2) but where the F&%^ do they go? And whats with the guys who say its gotta be mounted upside down??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you rotate the motor you end up fitting the winch upside down to allow for the free spool lever to be accessible. Also for the Wiring to be accommodated.

There is a Heap of room behind the bar to fit the winch so take the lower bash plate off and lay on your back and have a bit of a look around. The Solenoid mount you kind of make it fit where you can or anywhere you can get the hand controller into it. I have mine under the bonnet. and an isolation switch. The numberplate mount should let yo lift the numberplate up above the centre rail. I just too the original off and inverted it and it works fine.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh..... And No Dumb Questions or Dumb people on this Forum bud. Your welcome to ask away.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The winch motor needs to turned around because the drain hole is normally at the bottom, and since you are mounting it upside down, it will be at the top and the motor will fill up with water.

You will also need to rotate the gearbox so that you can reach the free spool handle.

Mount the winch in psoition, and then the other brackets should make sense. The Winch Control Box mounts on the top of the bar on the bent bracket, that is bent at about 70 degrees and the number plate can be mounted in a couple of different positions, depending on how you like it......
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fitting kit has 2 right angle brackets only, that have slotted holes and kinda fit together but not high enough to mount off the winch body and there is a great gaping square hole in the top of the bar and no obvious place to mount it. There are 2 drain holes and thats on the motor side and the holes are part of the central section not the motor casing and roughly 90 degrees apart. I'm lost until the Patrol gets back to me on Friday and i can take time to look hard at what space ive got. Thanks very much for the insight as this is one thing ive never done and a solution is a solution and you've given me plenty. Thanks Again.