Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Secret Language

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Todd, tried that and the message came back "upload failed"!!!
    I am trying to edit my profile picture with a picture of my rig off my computer but do I have to resize the photo or something like that.
    At 6's & 7's here

Paulie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, profile pic can be no bigger than 80x80 pixels.

Tony

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pauljud View Post
    Hi Todd, tried that and the message came back "upload failed"!!!
    I am trying to edit my profile picture with a picture of my rig off my computer but do I have to resize the photo or something like that.
    At 6's & 7's here

Paulie
    Hey mate - open the picture in MS Paint (depending on operating system - click the Start button on bottom left of screen, choose All Programs, Accessories, Paint) - Once Paint is open, select File, Open and select your picture from the folder you have it in. Once opened, choose Image from the top toolbar, and then stretch and skew from the drop down list. Change the vertical and horizontal settings to something like 50 each and click OK. Then choose File, Save As to name the file to something new and save it back to the folder (make sure the 'save as type' option at the bottom of the save box is set to JPEG), once named and JPEG file type selected, click OK to save. Once done, go back in to your profile and try to upload the file again - will be the same picture, just saved to a smaller file size. Good luck and thanks to AB for pointing this out to me a few weeks ago.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (30th November 2010), NissanGQ4.2 (27th November 2010), Woof (27th November 2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Paulie, just found an error, my post telling you how to go about displaying a picture where your "beginner" profile image is wrong, this previous post is to change the profile picture which is only displayed when somebody looks at your profile page

To upload a picture where my "beginner" profile image is pretty much the same.

1. Left mouse click on "Settings" at the top of the page ( this will open the settings page )
    2. On the left hand side of the screen under "My Settings", left mouse click "Edit Avatar" ( this will open the edit Avatar picture page )
    3. Under "Custom Avatar" You will have 3 choices

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website: ....just type in the web address of where the picture is located ( choose this if the picture you want is hosted on another website.....photobucket.....etc )

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer: to do this left mouse click on "Browse" ( this will open up the File Upload Dialog Box ) Somewhere on the hard drive is the picture you want, when you find it

1. Double left mouse click on it ( this should take you back to the Edit Avatar page, you should now have the details of your file location in the text field located on the left hand side of browse.

Option 3 - Select a Pre-defined Generic Avatar: to do this left mouse click on the circle next to the text under the Avatar you want
    Now Left mouse click on "Save Changes"

This should work

Note: An avatar is displayed in all posts, announcments, ect, your profile picture is a picture of you. Like if you look at my profile, you will see a picture of me and my avatar.

And as Ynot said there is a certain size it has be.

Profile Picture is: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
    Custom Avatar is: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 390.6 KB (whichever is smaller).

think i am starting to confuse myself, where is admin when you need him!!!!!!!
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 27th November 2010 at 02:03 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Woof (27th November 2010)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    Sorry Paulie, just found an error, my post telling you how to go about displaying a picture where your "beginner" profile image is wrong, this previous post is to change the profile picture which is only displayed when somebody looks at your profile page

To upload a picture where my "beginner" profile image is pretty much the same.

1. Left mouse click on "Settings" at the top of the page ( this will open the settings page )
    2. On the left hand side of the screen under "My Settings", left mouse click "Edit Avatar" ( this will open the edit Avatar picture page )
    3. Under "Custom Avatar" You will have 3 choices

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website: ....just type in the web address of where the picture is located ( choose this if the picture you want is hosted on another website.....photobucket.....etc )

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer: to do this left mouse click on "Browse" ( this will open up the File Upload Dialog Box ) Somewhere on the hard drive is the picture you want, when you find it

1. Double left mouse click on it ( this should take you back to the Edit Avatar page, you should now have the details of your file location in the text field located on the left hand side of browse.

Option 3 - Select a Pre-defined Generic Avatar: to do this left mouse click on the circle next to the text under the Avatar you want

Now Left mouse click on "Save Changes"

This should work

Note: An avatar is displayed in all posts, announcments, ect, your profile picture is a picture of you. Like if you look at my profile, you will see a picture of me and my avatar.

And as Ynot said there is supposedly a certain size it has to be, I don't completely agree but the smaller the better anyway.

Profile Picture is: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
    Custom Avatar is: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 390.6 KB (whichever is smaller).

think i am starting to confuse myself, where is admin when you need him!!!!!!!
    No, no ... I have this one under control thanks Todd ... no need for your assistance ... my instructions were clear, concise, articulate, eloquent, and used a fluent grasp of the english language ...

I think!!! lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did a good job Scotty that was going to be my next post, but you bet me this time.

But still, if he followed my first destructions, he wouldn't get a picture where the word "beginner" is on his post, so thought i would clarify the difference between Profile pic and Avatar pic.

Or i just confused the hell out of Paulie

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todd offers his apologies Paulie ... you heard it here first!!!! lol

Me, I just offer apology now for the future to put me in credit - no doubt I'll be apologising for something stupid I've said/done somewhere down the track!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Paulie wasn't confused before he certainly is now, well done you two
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,823 Times in 8,597 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Paulie, sorry mate I only just found this now.

Are you still having problems with anything?

Have a look at the forum news and help section at the bottom of the main forum. Theres a lot of helpful things down there but just yell out if your still having issues.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Paulie, sorry mate I only just found this now.

Are you still having problems with anything?

Have a look at the forum news and help section at the bottom of the main forum. Theres a lot of helpful things down there but just yell out if your still having issues.
    Don't worry AB, me and Scotty have it all under control, Think we scared him off *L*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast