User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2.8/3.0 Diesel Chips!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Cheers mate. Chip ordered Any idea what the MAF sensor one does?
    Run Your Fingers Over My Patrol, I'll Run My Patrol Over Your Fingers!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries OLY. Hope all goes well.

Not sure about the MAF sensor unit-but you've got me thinking...

I would enquire with the web site as to compatibility for your vehicle and if it is okay to have both items fitted and running together. I found them to be fairly prompt with replies when I was looking.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have one for CRD ... I think.. here is the link and its 60% off currently, down to 80 Euro which I think is about 100aud.

SO is it really for the CRD ?
    2012 GU Patrol Simpson Edition. Auto. UHF, Bull Bar, 2" lift with Koni shocks, dobinson coils. 3" stainless Steel Exhaust.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i sent them a couple of emails and didn't get a reply so i figured i'd just give it a go and find out 250 for both including postage isn't to bad. as far as i am aware the MAF on the earlier diesels doesn't really do much more fore the emissions gear but i could be very wrong so ill give it a go and let everyone know what i find
    Run Your Fingers Over My Patrol, I'll Run My Patrol Over Your Fingers!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys. New to the forum, but very interested in this thread as I am about to order one of these chips. Was also thinking about the accompanying MAF sensor Oly, but am waiting to see what your experience is like. The Donatorstore website doesn't seem to say much about MAF and Chip together, how they connect or work together. Or if they are completely independent modules that just do their own thing.

Thanks to gbab01, Timbo and Wiegs for your detailed posts.
    You have given me confidence in buying one of these without wondering if it'll even arrive, or if it could potentially cause a major problem. I think the sellers of these kinds of kits in Australia are taking the piss, charging way too much for something that costs may $10 to build. I understand the R&D that goes into building, testing and mapping these units to a particular car, but once you've got it right it's all cream from there on.
    '99 GU 2.8TD, 4"lift and enough lights to burn through any small trees that get in the way

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about you other guys that ordered? Any problems?

Hey coreysgu, smiffy3011, sa_on_patrol and robbo0001. Haven't heard back from you guys on how this went for you.

I read the instructions that gbab01 posted and the language isn't really easy to follow. Also noticed it mentioned the bosch pump even though the title is for the Zexel pump. I definitely have a Zexel.
    '99 GU 2.8TD, 4"lift and enough lights to burn through any small trees that get in the way

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all. I received the Donator chip on the mail. After reading through the instructions, I realised they want me to scoth lock into the fuel pump cables under the bonnet. I'm on a mission to find out where those 2x green cables go (on the bottom plug of three on the fuel pump) so I can tap into them under the dash instead. That way I don't need to worry about waterproofing, and I can also wire up a switch on the dash.
    Any ideas how to figure out the wiring loom?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi There (anyone that may be interested for future installs as this thread appears to now be dead).
    I found instructions for a different chip retailer (same chip hardware) that allowed me to connect the chip to the ECM loom (pic below). The hardest part was seeing each individual wire and connection point with the ECM (it get pretty tight down there).
    I've installed the chip and so far so good. Had to tune it down quite at bit at first. The engine sounded more like a rotary before turning it down!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone dynod the chip on and off to see what the performance figures are really like? Might look at investing in one of these in the near future for my 2.8

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
    1998 GU RD28T: RIP
    1996 GQ RD28T: RIP 11 days later
    Hello 2012 GU CRDZD30

Nissan winchbar + Warn, Dual Battery/Redarc, UHF and Titan rear drawers

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just fitted Donator to my 2.8 Gr td6, wow came with plug in high quality plugs, started a bit rough but a bit of trimming smoothed out idle and look it for a run, really impressed with pull, takes a bit longer for revs to settle when lifting off at idle but that's it, I can now overtake. A relief after paying 3 times the price for Steinbauer and having to send it back cus it didn't work.Highly recommend Donator👍

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345