User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2.8/3.0 Diesel Chips!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all I am really intrigued about all this info, as I ended up having to rebuild my whole engine not 2months after bying it due to the over heating probs with the 2.8td's. Was not happy as I believe the prob was already there when I bought it but the sly salesman slipt a warranty waver into the docs I was signing when I bought it, so much for the security of buying from a car yard. I am thinking of a decent exhaust system with extractors as it will be more inclined to expell the heat instead of create more heat as I already have an egt and boost gauge and my egt reaches temps of around 500 degrees on an extended hill climb on the black stuff but I also think my car could be over fueling a bit but I am not 100% sure as I need to get onto a dyno to see what is happening internally. I am also not sure of the exact max temps that the exhaust should be putting out. I am also waiting for the bank balance to recover from the rebuild to start investigating on what to modify next but anyone who drives the 2.8 knows that they could definitely do with more torque. The other thing I will be looking into is getting the turbo to come in sooner and last longer rather than such a short drastic burst. I will definitely but keeping an eye on to see what the results are.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Ok, finally got the chip tuned up. Turns out it was wound way way too high. Have turned it down and she idles smooth again.

What a difference!! I recommend anyone with a 2.8 to buy one of these chips. Best $240 you'll spend on your 4WD.

I'm able to cruise up hills in 4th & 5th whereas before it was always 3rd for certain hills. She goes a hell of a lot better now. 1st is such a quick gear change now when taking off. The boost hits and she's off. Ok, it's not a race car, but compared to the old doughy acceleration it had, It's pretty damn good now. I might be able to beat a cyclist off the line now! haha.
    hi, im new to the site and have just bought the same chip in which you are speaking about. I didnt recieve any fitting instruction with the chip is there any chance someone could post pics of where the two gold wires have to be joined to? or just explain if thats easier for you to do. any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the instructions. Let me find them and I will scan and try to attach to a reply. Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coreysgu View Post
    hi, im new to the site and have just bought the same chip in which you are speaking about. I didnt recieve any fitting instruction with the chip is there any chance someone could post pics of where the two gold wires have to be joined to? or just explain if thats easier for you to do. any help would be appriciated.

Gday mate welcome aboard Jump over to the intro thread mate and say Gday something we ask all members cheers

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbab01 View Post
    I have the instructions. Let me find them and I will scan and try to attach to a reply. Cheers.
    ok thanks a lot. great help on here already.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    Gday mate welcome aboard Jump over to the intro thread mate and say Gday something we ask all members cheers
    ok mate will do.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok here you go. I will keep an eye on this thread to assist where I can. It makes more sense once you have the plugs opened up (which I found tricky but once I worked that out it was smooth sailing). I would advise against using the scotch locks supplied. I just stripped back a bit of the insulation and soldered the connections.

One other thing I remember was I used a multi meter to establish the 12v wire as if I remember correctly the colours were not as you would have expected as written in the instructions (I think).

If you didn't get the on/off version I would suggest an on/off toggle switch in the cabin. I also have just installed a turbo boost gauge and will be putting in an EGT so I can keep an eye on engine temps.

Hopefully the scan is readable - if not I will work something else out for you. Cheers.

Scan 121130000.jpg

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate you are a dead set champion thanks a lot.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries Coreysgu. Happy to help. I knew there was a reason I didn't bin the instructions. I am new to the forum as well and have found it to be really helpful so don't hesitate to ask any further questions. There always seems to be someone out there with the answer or can point in the right direction.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all I was just wondering if anyone has any feed back on their chips affecting their temps. I am brooks's son and was the one that posted the msg further up on this page through his profile but have now decided to get my own. I was also wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some exhaust systems with extractors.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast