Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.8/3.0 Diesel Chips!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smiffy3011 View Post
    I have one here, will be fitting it this week and posting the results on both forums.
    Cool man. I'm pretty damn excited about it personally. Would love the 2.8 to go harder than the 3.0's. Having a bit more power quicker down low will really help. The fuel economy I'm not too worried about. I was prepared to use more fuel to gain a bit more power, but results are showing a saving on fuel by not having to use the accelerator as much (im guessing) so that's great.

Glad to see you over on these forums too Smiffy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also ordered and waiting on one. Will let you know how it goes.

Here is a copy direct from the website.

Nissan Patrol 2.8 TD 110 -129 HP
    250.00EUR
    Sale: 100.00EUR
    Save: 60% off
    The VPM20 Add-on tuning unit works by modifying the electronic signals from electronic Bosch or Zexel diesel pump.
    The Box fit NISSAN 2.8 TD models .
    The VPM20 Additional Box add-on tuning unit senses and responds to changes in engine load/speed throughut the range of acleration. With the Powerbox pressure accumulates faster and is readily maintained to deliver more power and torque. The result is smooth and responsive acceleration that produces sportier handling. The increased torque produced by the VPM20 tuning unit enables the engine to operate more efficiently, so fuel consumption is minimized.

The VPM20 Powerbox will not override the safe operating parameters of your engine and does not change or interfere with ECU functioning.

The VPM20 add-on tuning unit has an adjustment screw that has been pre-set to provide a modest improvement. However, most vehicles require a higher setting to achieve optimal power gains. The unit can be easily adjusted by using a small screw driver.

- Up to 20% - 25% increase in power and 30% increase in torque
    - Reducing consumption by up to 10%.
    - Improved fuel efficiency (an average of 2.5 MPG!)
    - No increased emissions
    - No interference to the Electronic Control Unit (ECU); original settings are not altered
    - Will not harm your engine,does not increase injection pressure
    - Will not alter engine diagnostics functioning
    - Will not interfere with engine error code sensing
    - Does not change the service intervals required for your vehicle

- Without OEM plugs but no soldering required
    - Illustrated installation instructions in English included

The installation is not simple because pump connector are bad position but it can be made in 30-60 minutes !
    The Box for this model have not Plug&Play connector and must be connected with Scotch Lock connector (Plug&Play not exists) does not require stripping or cutting of wire.
    Also this Box can be connect with same Scotch Lock connector direct on car engine controller (ECU).
    If the buyer wish remote control with on/off function, must add +50£ !

* Model: VPM20
    * 28 Units in Stock
    * Manufactured by: Nissan
    2.8TD GU, 0 - 100km/h in 2.8 minutes

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I received mine yesterday and fitted it up.

I bought the chip with the wireless remote to turn it off/on whenever I want.

Trying to tune it but it's being difficult. I either get lots of short burst revs on idle, and if I win the adjuster the other way, it runs really rough like it wants to stall. I can't get it to settle down in-between. Might have to reset the ECU and try again.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, finally got the chip tuned up. Turns out it was wound way way too high. Have turned it down and she idles smooth again.

What a difference!! I recommend anyone with a 2.8 to buy one of these chips. Best $240 you'll spend on your 4WD.

I'm able to cruise up hills in 4th & 5th whereas before it was always 3rd for certain hills. She goes a hell of a lot better now. 1st is such a quick gear change now when taking off. The boost hits and she's off. Ok, it's not a race car, but compared to the old doughy acceleration it had, It's pretty damn good now. I might be able to beat a cyclist off the line now! haha.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Timbo, seen this thread and was wondering if the product was as good as you thought it was at first. I have looked at the link at the start of the thread and from what I can tell they are still for sale although dont understand the language and with the euro in its current state of demise, it may be a good time to get one if you still think it was worth it.

Any feedback appreciated
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate

I cant find the link for these chips. Could you point me to them.

Thanks

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got one of these coming from the Donator mob for the 2.8TD Gu, without the wireless remote.
    Currently 146 Aussie dollars delivered, will wire in an isolator switch for the cab to turn it of, as required.

Confident I have learnt the max/peak range of the boost pressure and exhaust temp in our vehicle, if this thing causes any massive or wild fluctuations...I will uninstall it.
    Interested to see if the gains are "as discussed" in other Forums.
    Cheers
    Dave
    99 GU 2.8 TD
    Brisvegas, QLD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Slipped one of these in on my 2.8 about a month ago. Works well. I didn't bother with the remote - bought the standard and put in a on/off switch hard wired which cost about $5 from Jaycar. Mounted mine in the cab down near the drivers right foot. Have it "tuned" conservatively at the moment as I am installing EGT and Boost gauges to monitor what is going on. I might tweek it up a tad then. I don't have it on all the time but when I do there is a definite increase in power and drivability. Found the seller helpful and price was WAY better than anything else going around - but I expect some of the others may be a bit fancier in the way they work? Interestingly, I opened up the box and it is half empty - not a lot to them - bit I have heard other brands are the same. Try this http://www.donatorstore.eu/shop or just Google Donatorstore. Look for the translation flag at the top of the page. Cheers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some info on chips. Most of the cheaper ones only intruduce more fuel thus costing you more and shortening the life of the engine. That's why they are cheap. The dearer ones do much more than introduce more fuel. There's about ten different parameters that they moniter and adjust. Air flow, injector timing and duration, and fuel pressure on the common rail engines are just a few. This all helps to prolong the life of the engine without compromising on power, torque and fuel. For the most part fuel consumption will not change under normal driving conditions. Towing is where the difference is as fuel consumption can be reduced. The best performance can be gained with a 3" exhaust system as well.

With the correct cable and program the parameters on the Tunit chip can be changed to overcome small problems that may arise, with consultation from the supplier. The variable resistor in these chips is for de-tuning or tuning up the performance of the engine according to your needs. Of all the chips available there is only chip that puts their money were there mouth is. Tunit have a 3 year warranty and then offer a 12 month warranty on engine and driveline for any vehicle up to 5 years old.

My advice, the cheaper chips might be easier on your pocket now, but if you plan on keeping your beloved Patrol for a long time then pay the extra for a dearer chip, or you might just be paying out for a new engine as well.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm...thanks for the paid advertisement for Tunit?

I know what you mean, I will still be interested to see what happens on a NON-common rail 2.8L turbo.
    If its looks like fragging something in my engine....its gone.
    Waiting for the next batch of ECU Talk to be manufactured....once I have the ECU Talk to monitor other engine stats, along with boost and pyro readings on the guages, I will be confident in making any long term decision regarding the chip.
    Dave
    99 GU 2.8 TD
    Brisvegas, QLD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast