Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loss of power up hill and whilst towing Patrol ZD30 2001

Hi
    Had a new GARRETT turbo installed and then a new MAF sensor installed a month ago..now there is no power up hill at 2000 rps
    been ;to the the local mechanic and said it could be the fuel pump any sugestions
    thanks
    already spent heaps wondering if any one had similar trouble with their patrols

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your earth connections on the engine intake manifold under the intercooler . MAFs can be tempremental things so dont discount it still being the problem . Goodluck with it . My old mans fuel pump went on his ZD30 . 300thou on the clock and the cost was a tadd over 4G . Lets hope yours doesnt need doing yet . Have you replaced your fuel filter recently ?
    Last edited by boots; 4th January 2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Forgot stuff
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have exactly this problem with my 2001 Y61 ZD 30 - have tried lots of of advice on why/where/etc - 14 months down the line I am still no further forward - today swapped the intercooler from my other Patrol as my mate thought it was leaking therefore reducing boost - alas no further forward - have removed the EGR valve and cleaned/remounted etc now twice with I think some improvement - at 2800 revs this truck will pull any thing any where uphill - sadly if you fail in the gear shift slick all is lost and the poor mothers behind me must think I am peddling the truck uphill - today I've ordered two gasket sets to do some experimental work - re. remove EGR and remount with blanking plate - if this works I fear I need a new EGR valve - AHH £480 sterling - will keep this thread updated by result
    *** Have renewed all vacuum hoses/pipelines - still the same problem.
    As a last resort I cleaned out the MAF sensor with the correct spray etc - still the same problem
    I then took a chance and ordered a new MAF sensor core from a guy on Ebay - £40 sterling worth a gamble
    BINGO !!!!! THE PROBLEM IS RESOLVED - YAHOO BEASTING UP AND DOWN ANY HILLS WITH A FULL LOAD ON THE TRAILER
    This info was a chance find on your forum from the GURU - thanks guys
    Last edited by patroljock52; 1st February 2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: resolved my problem

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice patroljock52 and Boots Got the patrol seen at an authorised Service center Stevejarvin nissan in Sydney they put it on the SCAN and nothing came up.
    The boys at Steve Jarvin nissan though it migh be a weak primary fuel pump so they have replaced the primary pump for $245 Aussie dollars.

just back from a long drive and drove up and down a few big hills ... the patrol good for the first few k's then the same problem was struggling to do 55 up slopes on 3000rpm
    got worst when I switched the AC on .... struggled even more... wait gets better stopped at a set of lights with the AC on the patrol would not move forward till 1500rpms then began to roll forwards and finally began to do 20 30 then 40k's when I switched the AC off... any more sugesstions as

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ithink you should get the compression checked.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats your car boosting at m8

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How's your cooling system, what is the coolant system temperature when this problem occurs?

Have you checked the exhaust system for blockages?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirty fuel lines,algie in the tanks

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi in regards to the exhaust system it was checked to be good exceptt for a leak in the exhaust manifold from the turbo,,, that makes a loud screeching sound when cold and then stops as there is a small leak that fills up when the metal expands..
    would this effect the performance...excuse my ignorance

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing common with all your symptoms (IMHO) is vacuum. Check all your hoses carefully. They sometimes split and crack - especially where they mount to fittings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast