Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milly the Maverick

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photos at last!

I figured how to put photos up in an album but still cant get them onto forum pages. There is a couple there to see now if you like.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hang on, how about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had our first outing off road on the weekend up at Scenic Rim 4wd Park. I kind of dont really like 4wd parks but they are convenient to test out stuff before a real trip away.
    Milly did well aside from a leaky clutch master which by the end of the day made it hard to select gears.
    She got away with some minor rubbing of her rear quarter by a tree and a scraped sill. The front springs are very hard and seem to restrict articulation a bit but the rear is fantastic!
    The little 31 inch tyres did well but I can see a set of 33s would be in order. I say 33s instead of 35s because I still have to deal with 3.9:1 diff ratios yet...
    I have to say its very liberating to drive a truck on which panel damage is not a tragedy!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks really nice ! Wish there where more 4wd parks here in Sweden.sooner or later someone gets angry when they're figure out that I'm driving around in the forests here

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bit of a mainainence session last saturday. What started as a quick fuel sender change turned into a major effort involving draining and drying out the tank, vacuuming out the massive amount of rust flakes, blowing out the fuel lines and replacing fuel filter along with a heap of rubber fuel line in the engine bay. Also rebuilt a leaky clutch master, changed the fuel filler to one that doesnt allow water to get in and found out the reason that it has been idling high and running like crap...electric choke was wound up full.
    I also removed my engine fan (the coupling has seized up) and have decided it runs heaps better without it. It doers tend to run a bit hot in traffic and slow going but if I turn on the A/C the electric fan fires up and cools it down anyway. It has heaps more power too.
    I know I should just replace the coupling but have you seen how expensive they are???
    Getting close to a camping trip so Id love to see how good or bad the fuel consuption will be...

I discovered my bargain rancho front shocks were wound up pretty hard and now since they are backed off a bit, it rides a bit softer up front.

My work ute (D22 dualcab) has been playing up this week so the mav got to come to work with me for a few days, has been kind of fun except for having to fill the back up with tools. mmm, maybe a chop is in order!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looking good, Glad you found your camera LOL
    See what you mean about the 31s,
    not a fan of that skate board look
    Last edited by threedogs; 12th April 2013 at 05:12 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my youngest son to rainbow beach last weekend for an overnight trip. The fuel consumption was not nice but at least I dont have to drive it all the time!
    One of the front panhard bushes let go on the return trip making the front end shake uncontrolably at any speed over 50ish. I managed a temp fix by jamming a screwdriver between the chassis and panhard for the trip home but it still was a slow one... at least I saved some fuel there!
    I also had a random incident of the clutch not engaging a few times on the beach leaving me without any drive for a minute or two. Not tragic but could be if I was trying to skirt around rocks while waves are approaching! I saw a rodeo and newish hilux floating in the surf just south of rainbow township. Ouch!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    always have wondered why they brought out the ford mavrick when clearly theyre a patrol lol sales tactic i guess lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12