User Tag List

Thread: 02 3 litre thermostat

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

02 3 litre thermostat

where the hell is it?, I'm replacing my radiator, want to replace the thermostat at the same time, have it ready to fit, I removed the upper hose & housing, housing is square internally & nothing in it???, there is a plate behind the fan,is it behind this, it is getting dark & want to put it back together tonight so it is ready for tomorrow, also is the coolant suppose to be 33% or 50% with water? I am DL the manual but it is taking forever with this old bus of a computer
    2002 3L GU Patrol, 2" lift, 33's, snorkel, dual battery, sliders, DVD, bluetooth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    just checking now for you,According to my manual in on the housing the same as the top hose, only
    replace with oe, hope this helps
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I DL the manuel but must be for another motor maybe 4.2 or 2.8, it is not in the housing that the top hose is connected to, I bough original , OE? means Original Equipment?
    2002 3L GU Patrol, 2" lift, 33's, snorkel, dual battery, sliders, DVD, bluetooth

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    yeah and top hose of z30 motor goes to alloy houseing, thermostat should be under that.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a mate just rang me, on his manual it is just in front of the oil filter off the bottom radiator hose under the alternator, only 3 bolts apparently but spare battery has to come out, as well as airbox piping etc etc, I have given up for the night, will be into it at first light, it is just not what I was expecting, I have done 20 thermostats in my time, never been off a bottom hose, always been off the top hose, 20 minute job max, this doesnt sound like 20 minutes to me, will soon know, I dont need to replace it as my radiator was fully chocced with rock hard mud & it is why it is overheating, I am doing it because I like it all new, dont want to go back into it if it decides to sh&t itself in 2 months time

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your mate wins a choccy frog as that indeed is where your ZD30 thermostat resides... Why?... Who knows!

Be very careful of the O ring sealing the thermostat flange and the inlet pipe... if you bugger it then it's pretty much a show stopper till you get an new one (assuming a new one didn't come with the thermostat)
    Last edited by the evil twin; 28th December 2012 at 10:56 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    turned into a bytch to do so flagged it for another time, put it all back together & seems to be running cooler, just under half, wont know if it is ok until it is off road or towing uphill, fingers crossed for now

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morton View Post
    turned into a bytch to do so flagged it for another time, put it all back together & seems to be running cooler, just under half, wont know if it is ok until it is off road or towing uphill, fingers crossed for now
    I know the feeling...

I had a humungous set of spotties on my roo bar which have now been changed out for a light bar and that has made a noticeable difference to mine when cruising around.Still gets pretty hot but def takes more load to get it there

I understand your logic in wanting to change it out but there isn't a lot of reports on the ZD30 thermos playing up... maybe putting them in the engine inlet is a good idea after all

Sure can't hurt to change the sucker if the temps stay up tho.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Sure can't hurt to change the sucker if the temps stay up tho.
    I have no trips planned for now so I think I will hitch the camper & run it up a couple of hills after tomorrows test run