Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Torches

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, im in the market for a good torch, Want to spend around a $100.
    Was looking at getting a 5D Maglite, but would like to see what you peeps are using or recomend.
    Looking for the usual, distance, brightness, durability. Will be an all rounder, home, camping, vehicle.
    Any ideas or suggestions from experience or know how would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Pete
    Well there are many torch lights availble for camping and other works but i think the fenix is the best brand which have only the quality torch lights. Because I have a big collection of torchs. You can say its my hobby. There many good torchs availble in $100, my favorite of them is Fenix TK15 337 Lumen 215m LED Flashlight Rechargeable. Its brightest light give you the clear view of dark areas. hope you like too. here is the photo of torch for you guidence.

Last edited by James1990; 17th February 2013 at 05:36 AM.
    ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

2. The Following User Says Thank You to James1990 For This Useful Post:

wildgu6 (18th February 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Here's my big bad bugger, will fry toast, 75 watt HID My head torch is 1600 lumens very bright so reduces accidents around camp,all made from spun alloy bodies should last a very long time. All very bright as well.
    Hey TD, what sort of distance does the toaster cover, is it a practical unit for bush
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Head torches are great (even if it makes you look like areal knob wearing one). For around camp & under the vehicle the Petzl torches are great, really lightweight, don,t stick out fom your head as much as many & are a really good light. We have an older one with 3 LEDs, & a newer one with just one. We also have a led lenser head torch. This is another great torch, particularly good for 'spotlighting' wildlife, with a very powerful beam when adjusted. The main thing I don't like about the Led Lenser is that the batteries are in a separate compartment on the back of your head. I only find this a problem because I like to use the torch when on my back under the vehicle. All have settings which allow a dimmer light & battery power conservation. I also have a pair of unknown brand (Chinese) LifeP04 handheld torches. Each has a single battery a bit bigger than a AA. Although cheap, (around $50 for 2 torches plus special charger), they are fantastic. Not only are they as bright, if not brighter than the led lenser, with an adjustable beam like the led lenser, a charged battery seems to last forever. Have had them for over a year now, use them quite regularly & have only needed to charge them twice.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Here's my big bad bugger, will fry toast, 75 watt HID My head torch is 1600 lumens very bright so reduces accidents around camp,all made from spun alloy bodies should last a very long time. All very bright as well.
    I've got the same 75w hid torch in 5000k and it kicks ass! its only down fall is your lucky to get 3 hrs out of it on hi or low setting and you have to recharge the battery can't just throw in some d'cells

7. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

wildgu6 (15th March 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flashlight been on the back burner, but following in TDs footsteps.
    Scored a LED Lenser P7 off fleabay for $34, Whoo hoo stoked. Watched them for a while and they were going for anywhere between $40 - $70..... slapped in a bid of $34 with 20 secs to go and thank you very much... Will also get the 75w toaster when got a spare bill.
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any recommendation for online ordering an led torches? I'm looking to buy a brand led torch such as Olight, Nitecore, Fenix...
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found what I was looking for I've found the website with the torch brands what was asking for. I've ordered Nitecore EA11 and Armytek Viking Pro v2.5 XM-L2 tactical LED torch.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
    G`day Pete
    I`ve had a maglite for over 20 years and it`s still going strong but i`m changing the globe to their led system as it eats batteries with the old globe system. After 20 years of harsh conditions it`s still water proof and works as if it was new. Mind you there are plenty of other choices out there today.
    My maglite (6 D size) would be over 30 years old and still like new. What led system and cost you looking at. I've been looking at this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-3-2-9...IAAOSwcdBWRa9P
    1st G60 Then MQ Now GU

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have a heap of XML-T6 torches and head lamps. these are bright as
    for around camp you need minimum 350 lumens, Ill put some links
    of some of the torches,
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/500-METER...gAAOSwHnFVt2tT

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3000-Lume...sAAOSwf-VWXYKR

You would not be disappointed with either of these torches,
    and for under $50 for both its a winner in my eyes,
    The top lnk you can by extension pieces to fit extra batteries
    but Ive found it perfect as it is. It was recommended to me by Bob.

I also have a 6 cell Mag lite but I think these new gen led torches
    leave the mag-lites in the dust. You can convert them to led but who wants a 18" torch
    The led lenser P7 is a very good torch as well

@ Jeff wouldnt waste my money plenty of very good led torches available these days.
    Last edited by threedogs; 18th February 2016 at 01:28 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a nite core srt7 . 960 lumens and few other functions. .. very happy with it.

Tapatalked from S6
    2005 TD42TI

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast