Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Normal Water temp Reading??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aben Dean View Post
    Aircon fan is ok. The motor was recently rebuilt and after that rebuilt was not heating.......i run a aftermarket turbo on it (T3/t4 on a safari kit) but it wasnt heating even after the turbo kit was installed. the problem started after i changed the radiator (my old radiator had few damaged cores but was not heating) i replaced with a good looking second hand radiator but the radiator shop have cleaned it twice n tested it so maybe its not the radiator. unfortunately i sold my old radiator so i cant test by fitting old one back.
    Being that the heat issue started when you changed the radiator wouldn't mean that the new rad isnt as good as your old radiator?? Yes the shop may have given you the ok on the new radiator but that doenst mean that it meets your requirements. I can be wrong or missed something. Not having a go mate, just how i see it.
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah that was the only reason i thought it was heating now...so i twice gave it to the radiator shop and they removed the top tank and cleaned the cores and said the flow is ok! can it still be not as good??? what else can be issue in it? after that now i find that my reserve water tank starts to get filled up with some water from radiator....and radiator gets short on abt 1L of water afte say 20km runs coz it fill the reserve water tank.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If your losing water at a rate of 1 litre for 20 K's then you have either a major leak or a block, head or head gasket issue
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have to measure that again as i think today i could see water still in radiator top after running for like 20mins around block. will change the radiator cap and see tmrw. its 0.9 cap i guess

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah that was the only reason i thought it was heating now...so i twice gave it to the radiator shop and they removed the top tank and cleaned the cores and said the flow is ok! can it still be not as good??? what else can be issue in it?
    There are a few different types of radiators, number or cores, size of fins, metals used in core, and the quality of the entire thing. Alloy rad can't handle the heat as well and if it's a cheap knock off, the welds can break putting holes in the rad. Alloy also doesn't transfer the heat as well as a copper/brass rad. Ideally you want more cores, more cores means more cooling. I'm looking at getting a 3 core copper/brass myself. Do you know what kind of rad is in it now?
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tb42e runs at about 85 on a cool day and 90-95 on a hot day I'm not concerned. 3 core brass/copper and a mangled fan shroud.

If its filling you overflow then you more than like have combustion gases pushing into the cooling system (head gasket).

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lied. 78 on a cool day, 90 on a hot day.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    radiator was off another GU NA Patrol......

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue was the Radiator. i changed it n doesn't over heat now....factory gauge stays less then half all day but aftermarket gauge (autogauge) goes 80-92degs at times. can the aftermarket be wrong here?? as the factory one stays below half.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Normal Water temp Reading??

The issue was the Radiator. i changed it n doesn't over heat now....factory gauge stays less then half all day but aftermarket gauge (autogauge) goes 80-92degs at times. can the aftermarket be wrong here?? as the factory one stays below half.
    It could possibly be wrong but its probably a damn site more accurate than the factory guage

To tap, or not to tap: Well it's obviously tap because this is the signature hey!!!!!! Duh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast