Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rooftop maps?

Hi guys,
    Has anyone been through the exercise of scanning and configuring their rooftop maps of Victoria for ozi-explorer or memory map. Ive got heaps of paper ones and am looking to save myself a shed load of messing around.
    Many thanks,
    Drew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have thought about that as well but thats about as far as I got...lol....Would be great to have those Rooftops on the screen.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I have thought about that as well but thats about as far as I got...
    Didn't want to hurt yourself Andy. Too much thinking without lubricating alcohol can cause damage
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch! Christmas sledge in early. Lol....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I scanned plenty of maps and calibrated for Ozi in the old days, before digital maps became readily available. It's a shedload of messing around. First you have to scan them, and unless you have access to a big scanner you'll be doing them in A4 sections. Then you need to either treat these A4 sections as individual maps and calibrate each one for Ozi, or paste the A4 sections together with photo stitching software and calibrate the pasted-together map for Ozi. Either way there's a lot of work involved. It is very satisfying to actually understand how the maps are calibrated. I've occasionally found errors in some of the commercially-produced maps that I've been able to correct. But there's a steep learning curve to get started. It's all there in the Ozi help files, but as far as I know there isn't a step-by-step tutorial for this (and there's several ways of going about it).
    Last edited by ChrisN; 26th December 2012 at 05:03 PM.
    ================================================== ============
    Chris

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found a place that has a large format scanner for me to do the complete map in one go, which should make it much easier.
    What is the best digital format to scan it into if I want to use it in either Memory Map or Bitmap?
    Any thoughts?
    If I have some success with this I might be able to help other forum members out with some calibrated maps......