Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    See now I'm torn! Damn!

drew and OD your both solid. I am leaning towards Hema but i predict a whole "do you want fries with that" kind of experience coming??? Forever buying upgrades and new maps?

so Drew you spent $150 for the App, another $50 to "unlock it" so you can upload maps? Then pay per map to upload and bought their bundle of maps? Is that right? How much was the bundle? It looks like another $150? Hema maps are crisp and sharp to view which I like.

And OD Mudmaps run a different map? Is it nice and sharp? Wll I be able to upload new maps in the future do you think? I am looking for Rooftop quality maps in detail and crispness when zoomed in? Will I get that?

Anyone got Rooftop maps on an iPad!
    Here is all the maps available at the moment for MUDMaps - http://www.mud-maps.com/map-store/australia#offset=0

This is complete list of all included features - https://itunes.apple.com/app/id399729850

I am hoping that in the not too distant future, 3rd party maps will be allowed as so far only 3rd party track logs are able to be uploaded. The VMS maps are very similar to the HEMA maps BUT not quite as crisp. They have all High Country, NATGEO maps and many others

It is designed to be an all in one app and it is getting pretty close to it, 3rd party maps will be a HUGE bonus when / if available
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

OD, I think you only get the AusToppo and base maps with MudMap. Is that correct?
    There are lots of other maps you can download from the online shop and I've bought and downloaded some of the VicToppo ones so I can flip between the two apps, Hema running Rooftops and MudMap running VicToppo

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The maps in hema are nothing to sneeze at, thats for sure. So far I have no 1:25k maps, the best I have is 1:250k, which is lame for doing anything other then driving on the highway, I need to play with it and see if I can import some 1:25k babies onto it, if I can then it will be worth the effort!

Cheers.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a iPad two with Hema and have had no troubles it is easy to import tracks as a gpx file. I have an emprum Ultimate GPS from amazon.plugs into the charge pot of the iPad. The cable to charge it charges the iPad whilst plugged in to a USB port(whilst driving). Convenient to keep you on the go all day. No flat iPad

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

Quote Originally Posted by trekster View Post
    The maps in hema are nothing to sneeze at, thats for sure. So far I have no 1:25k maps, the best I have is 1:250k, which is lame for doing anything other then driving on the highway, I need to play with it and see if I can import some 1:25k babies onto it, if I can then it will be worth the effort!

Cheers.
    Treckster, yes you can. You can either buy them or import your own.....you can read my guide on how to scan and calibrate your own....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

I'll put up some more pics of my mount too but it was dark by the time I got home tonight.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

You get smarttopo, back country, westprint, Melway & google standard. I also have VMS and NatMap packs.

I also have HEMA for the areas of WA that isn't covered and also IgoPrimo and will switch between the 3 as required

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 4,713 Times in 2,489 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OD I have hema on my ipad now, I will need some tutoring if you get a spare bit of time! Please

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

Stropp, no probs at all. I still need to get that disc down to you as well. If I get a chance will try and call in tomorrow

Never underestimate the power of the Tap.

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 4,713 Times in 2,489 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    Stropp, no probs at all. I still need to get that disc down to you as well. If I get a chance will try and call in tomorrow

Never underestimate the power of the Tap.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast