Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, me too, more detail pics of your mounting would be great, Ta.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    pretty sure My Tracks is a Google thing
    Yes you are correct, it overlays google maps. Which I think are quite good. But yet to them in very remote areas.

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran the latest update a few days ago, still a pain in the butt to use and still find it very clunky
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (21st February 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So looking in iTunes and on the net there seems a division between Hema and MudMap and i have also had a quick look at Trax n Maps.

The Mudmap looks good. Hema looks great but i am very weary about how many more maps i would need to buy! "In App" purchases dont really turn me on! once committed they have me bay the nuts. Is there more maps in the standard MudMap app than Hema?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

I am now using mudmaps on the ipad mini( and it downloaded to iPhone 5).... I have found it so easy to use especially changing between maps, even when on the road.... Really happy with it... I have had one question with it and I posted the pm to mudmaps on here last week and he never replied, so a little disappointed with that but overall very happy with it,,

Scotty

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    Yes you are correct, it overlays google maps. Which I think are quite good. But yet to them in very remote areas.

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    I also use this app and is great at places like glasshouse when it records where you have been and you can see on the satellite images where your going, it will work out in remote areas but the map needs data to view.
    Only annoying thing is you can't merge tracks, well not that I've found

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

I don't like the maps in Mud Map and you can't import your own. Though I own it, I rarely use it.
    As far as the smooth operation of Hema Maps.....absolutely no problem for me.
    Daz, were do you want to use it?

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    I don't like the maps in Mud Map and you can't import your own. Though I own it, I rarely use it.
    As far as the smooth operation of Hema Maps.....absolutely no problem for me.
    Daz, were do you want to use it?

Everywhere. i am looking for a permanent Platform to develop my iPad as my primary GPS of hardcore and outback Australia Wide.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Everywhere. i am looking for a permanent Platform to develop my iPad as my primary GPS of hardcore and outback Australia Wide.
    For that purpose I reckon the Hema app is better as the maps are better add the ability (for an extra 50bucks) to import your own maps and that was the choice I SHOULD have made first (when I bought MudMap).
    The ONLY thing I wish the Hema app has that MudMap does is the ability to have search and guided navigation to a particular track. That said, for me it is a nice to have rather than a must have.
    And as I made the wrong choice (in my view anyway) and got MudMap first I have that function now if I really need it....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So you would say Hema is better for if you have no plans to add your own maps?
    I bought the cheap iPad with no GPS dammit, at Woods Point AB told me you can buy a little GPS receiver for them on eBay but I can't find any?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast