Thread: Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was lucky enough to get a copy of maps ( Hema, ubd and many mining lease maps) off my wife's uncle but you can buy the app for like 7$ and it comes with 3 aus wide maps ,
    then upload maps you have or memory map disk can be bought online
    http://memory-map.com.au/digital-map...australia.html
    If you want full aus wide maps Hema on memory map app would be the go as it would get costly to get all areas on memory map maps
    Last edited by megatexture; 21st February 2013 at 01:11 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (21st February 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the app is free now.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,664 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

A small side note, I found an app called my tracks on the android market a while back.. it tracks your trip and records things like time, distance, average speed, max speed, altitude etc.
    My phone has a built in GPS, so not sire if it'll work via data from towers?? Also not sure on availability to apple??
    Could someone have a quick look?

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    A small side note, I found an app called my tracks on the android market a while back.. it tracks your trip and records things like time, distance, average speed, max speed, altitude etc.
    My phone has a built in GPS, so not sire if it'll work via data from towers?? Also not sure on availability to apple??
    Could someone have a quick look?

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    pretty sure My Tracks is a Google thing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

MR,
    I was running the Hema product (which is memory map) on the Woods Point weekend. I had scanned and uploaded the relevant Rooftops maps of the area.
    It worked a treat. Kept all my tracks of the weekend too. I had it set up on my iPad and fixed to the dash with a Ram mount. I have both Mud Maps and the Hema app and reckon the Hema app is better for the way in which I use it.
    I've also done a DIY guide on here explaining how to scan and calibrate a map into the Hema/Memory Map app.
    I ended up buying the Hema app because it had the touring maps all included, I figured it just save mucking around.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361388211.353166.jpg

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (21st February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

I'll add, the ability to scan in your own maps is the winner in my book.
    I know on the Woods Point trip, we had much clearer mapping (using my scanned maps) than those with "out of the box" GPS units and the Rooftops maps are the best around the high country.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thansk Drew, i remember your thread about scanning maps but did not have an ipad at the time so took little interest. i will have to review that thread if i start scanning maps for sure.

How much did the Hema App cost you and did it come with the full Hema catalog of maps? or do you buy as required?

I have a heap of maps already on Ozi Explorer and also NissHead sent me a heap on disk. can i use these into MudMap and or Hema?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and drew have you got your RAM mount bolted to the floor? did it move around much? did it get in the way of changing gears?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema on the Ipad -iOS6

From memory the app cost me $130 or so with the full range if Hema maps.
    If you already have OE maps and others, you can import those most of those into Hema/Memory Map (they are the same base software, with Hema you are paying for the included maps).
    There is one particular OE format that is difficult to import but I think it's a later version. If you do a quick google search for Memory Map Oziexplorer conversion, you should get a bunch of results.
    If you have those maps, it comes down to if you can be bothered spending the time to convert and import them as to whether you go for Hema or Memory Map (IMHO). Be aware that even though the Memory map PC and IPad App may be free, to import and calibrate maps you will need to pay an extra $50 (same with Hema).

Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    and drew have you got your RAM mount bolted to the floor? did it move around much? did it get in the way of changing gears?
    Nah, I figured it would bounce around too much (kinda like a pendulum). I've screwed mine into a blank switch area in the dash facia and it stands up well (have a look in the above pic), even on those corrugations coming into Woods Point.
    I can take a few more pics if you need.....
    Cheers,
    Drew.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Nah, I figured it would bounce around too much (kinda like a pendulum). I've screwed mine into a blank switch area in the dash facia and it stands up well (have a look in the above pic), even on those corrugations coming into Woods Point.
    I can take a few more pics if you need.....
    Cheers,
    Drew.

Yep a few more pics of how you have connected the mount would be great. i have just done an ebay search and there are plenty of options. seriously thinking of a floor mount job on a HD flex mount like this RAM-Strong-Passenger-Seat-Stand-Mount-Holder-for-Apple-iPad-1-2-3-

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast