Thread: Some stuff that I take pics off

us poms are crap at cricket fracster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 387 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are awkward to photograph, very small and difficult to get near.

European or common Kingfisher

It is now official, we are not quite so sh@t at cricket as we were! Rugby Union is a different matter.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fracster For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (21st January 2013), PMC (12th August 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few more landscape type stuff.

Small Island off the Isle of Mull, scattered my Dads ashes there so always a poigniant place for me.

The main hall on an estate I have access to, shooting into the sun is always difficult.

Norwegian Fjord, glacial melt water is that colour, no jiggeryphotoshoppery.

Small Loch on the Isle of Mull, Northwest Scotland.

And a frozen river from a few years back, God was that winter cold.

It is now official, we are not quite so sh@t at cricket as we were! Rugby Union is a different matter.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fracster For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (21st January 2013), jack (21st January 2013), MC97GQ (17th January 2013), Patrol-Guy (9th March 2014), PMC (12th August 2013), Woof (21st January 2013)

a member of the menagerie MC97GQ's Avatar
    Nimmitabel in the deep, deep south of NSW
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful shots again mate,

Keep em coming.

Mark
    Proud former owner of a 1997 White GQ TD42 Patrol Cab Chassis with an after market turbo, now with over half a million k's and still going strong, that's had a heart transplant and now not owned by me

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have peregrine falcons over here, they have been persecuted for centuries, but due to the changing attitudes of ,mainly, gamekeepers, they are making a comeback. They are short,stocky and powerful birds, they kill prey by stooping from above at speeds of up to 200 mph and hit the prey with their talons, they then fly back and catch the dead bird in mid air. The ones that I watch tend to take pigeons as much as anything, anyway, a few pics of my favourite birds.

Because of the persecution, they are very wary and difficult to get near, over the years that I have sat amongst the rocks watching this pair, they have kinda got used to me and seem quite tolerant.

Female feeding the chicks.

Feeding time 1 by Fracster, on Flickr

A youngster just fledged, still got down on its head

juvenile 1 by Fracster, on Flickr

Adult female on her favourite perch.

Female 1 by Fracster, on Flickr

and the male doing a fly by to check me out.

tercel 1 by Fracster, on Flickr

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fracster For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (21st January 2013), MC97GQ (21st January 2013), Patrol-Guy (9th March 2014), PMC (12th August 2013), Woof (21st January 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Some stuff that I take pics off

Some more beautiful pics mate. Absolutely loving them:-). That is a peregrine in your avatar, is it not?

FanTapstic!
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some stuff that I take pics off

Fantastic shots mate, beautiful birds!
    2012 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD. Alloy bull bar, HID spotties, Pioneer GPS/CD/DVD head unit, Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust, Autometer Boost and Pyro gauges.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do, kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant stuff. Thanks

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Some more beautiful pics mate. Absolutely loving them:-). That is a peregrine in your avatar, is it not?

FanTapstic!
    yes it is, thanks for taking the time to comment fellas. I have an obsession with these birds now. I use to be a gamekeeper and have done some bad things to predators over the years.

Now is the time to pay back those wrongs, so that is what I do now. I stop other people making the same mistakes that I did in the past.

Quick one for Cuppa, five kestrel chicks about to fledge.

Kestrel Young 1 by Fracster, on Flickr

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fracster For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (21st January 2013), PMC (12th August 2013), Woof (21st January 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fracster, I grew up in a pheasant shooting community. My dad was a professional gundog trainer (English Springers), & had a part time job as a gamekeeper to give him somewhere to run the dogs. He competed in Gundog trials (very succesfully) too. Won the UK championships as well as having a dog he trained win the North American championships ....... so I know a bit about gamekeeping. As a youngster I earned pocket money at weekends as a beater. I well recall the first time (on holiday in Scotland) that he pointed out some nesting ospreys to me.

Here's a couple of birds from over here. Whilst my snaps are not in the same league as yours, I was quite pleased with them. These were all taken in Kakadu NP in the Northern Territory. Many folk visit Kakadu & see little in the way of birdlife, but the trick s to be there when the water levels have dropped enough to allow the birds to wade. We just got lucky.

Yellow Waters wetlands - croc in foreground
    Raven?
    Forest Kingfisher
    Egret?
    Fish Eagle (Osprey?)
    'Jesus Bird' (Walks on water)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cuppa; 21st January 2013 at 12:10 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

PMC (12th August 2013), Woof (21st January 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drying Off
    Goosestep
    Spangled Drongo
    Mamakula Wetlands
    Attached Images Attached Images

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (21st January 2013), PMC (12th August 2013), Woof (21st January 2013)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast