Thread: Help!!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help!!!

Hi please someone out there must be able to help me. I have a 1998 nissan patrol wagon, unleaded, for a while now I have been losing power. I have put a new fuel filter twice now, ( at a mechanics suggestion, same mechanic twice)' cleaned maf, seem to help for a while, now can't even tow a normal trailer. It will chugg a little bit when driving at 100ks, can go be doing 110 and it will stutter and feel like its jerking a little bit, than I can plant my foot in anger and it will rev to hell, then come back to sit on 100 k with my foot flat to the boards. Not a game to try to tow a horse float, would have to have my foot flat just to drive on a flat road, let alone a hill. It has 300000 is on it but I would like to keep it, if I can fix this problem. A friend of mine has a same/diff problem, his shudders and shakes when starting, once going he is fine, not losing power like mine, please someone help.
    Cheers rodeoduckieb

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate - it might pay to jump on over the the Intro section and post a little bit about yourself and your ride - it's something the forum asks all new members to do. You'll also get more responses by doing this. Welcome to the forum by the way!

Also - if you do a search on the forum you will find some posts on similar issues and responses.

Jas

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day buddy and welcome aboard.
    Jas said it well, post an intro and post the Q above in the mechanical discussion section, plenty of knowledge here to nut out your prob'

Enjoy and good luck

Pete

Tappn the App Beers on Tap
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.