Thread: 4 inch lift problem. Help asap!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 inch lift problem. Help asap!

Hey lads i need some help. i recently installed a 4 inch suspension stuff lift in my gq and am now having problems with the steering arm hitting the panhard rod bolt to the point where it has gouged it out. i just had it at a suspension place to get a wheel alignment when they noticed it. They say the diff is out of alignment. Was told to get caster correction bushes to correct it but i bought drop boxes in the kit and thought these were supposed to adjust it.

Whats wrong with it as i need it ready buy next weekend to go away for xmas. I was supposed to take it out this weekend to sort out any other problems i may get from it but didnt even make it that far.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine does that but it only hits when right hand down and full compresion.
    do you have drop boxes?
    do you have radius arm spacers?
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can you get a photo from the front showing it all sitting in situ?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i have drop boxes and no i dont have radius arm spacers. Mine is hitting like that under normal driving u can also see the coils arnt straight.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can i see a side pic of your Drop Boxes please mate and also a pic of the damage on the back of the drag link where that gouge was done?

Your springs have got a fair bit of bend in them and it seems like the setup is not right. It is like you have fitted radius arm spacers AND Drop Boxes?? As asked above. I note that this is not so but something is amiss.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That damage could only be happening at Full Lock?? Surely?? That must be when you have full lock and the swivel hub is close and the swivel hub / Drag link mount is hitting??? Must be as i cant imagine anything else getting close?? It is certainly not being caused in a straight line as the drag link passes the panard of your steering dampener would be destroyed! its between these two elements.

Do you have the steering lock limiting nuts still in the back of your swivel hubs?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    where are you located mate?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Note also you should turn your steering dampener around as it will fill with water and sand and mud and stuff!!!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Can i see a side pic of your Drop Boxes please mate and also a pic of the damage on the back of the drag link where that gouge was done?

Your springs have got a fair bit of bend in them and it seems like the setup is not right. It is like you have fitted radius arm spacers AND Drop Boxes?? As asked above. I note that this is not so but something is amiss.

That damage could only be happening at Full Lock?? Surely?? That must be when you have full lock and the swivel hub is close and the swivel hub / Drag link mount is hitting??? Must be as i cant imagine anything else getting close?? It is certainly not being caused in a straight line as the drag link passes the panard of your steering dampener would be destroyed! its between these two elements.

Do you have the steering lock limiting nuts still in the back of your swivel hubs?
    What nuts would they be?

where are you located mate?
    Cowra NSW (hr west of bathurst)

Note also you should turn your steering dampener around as it will fill with water and sand and mud and stuff!!!
    Will do

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Labelled "Lock Nut" in the bottom pic. That is the steering lock limiter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast