Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Few pics of my truck...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't say exactly I'd be expecting about 200. Still needs a few tweeks yet...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is a monster... What lift are you running now? Have to atleast 10".. you nearly need an boom lift for cleaning it...
    I see in the early pics you had a top mount ic, but no scope??? But all fixed now with new one..

On a side note is you do find yourself doing Cv's the GU diffs have thicker axles and bigger Cv's in them, and are 2" wider than the GQ diffs.
    All comparable, you'll just need new rod ends as the taper changes from gq to gu..
    Also as TD suggested maybe a higher ratio in the diffs. If running stock ratios there is a lot of wasted power trying to turn the huge tyres..

But f me.. I'm still gob smacked.. tuff truck for sure..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done a cv yet but smashed an auto-locking hub the other day, robbed one from another just now and ordered some manual locking hubs to see if they're any stronger. What exactly are the factory available diff ratios I done a few calcs the other day and worked out if I am to change from the standard 3.9:1 to the 2.8 Axles At 4.625:1 the difference in rolling radius is approx 6cm per prop turn which would make running the 40's the same as running 33's on the standard ratio. I have got a 2.8 to break so was planning an axle swap in about six weeks time. I also have a 2.8 Y61, would the axles be better suited to my truck and could I throw the earlier 2.8 Y60 axles on to it...?

I'm planning a few more mods shortly when I swap axles. I first welded in +5" spring seats then ended up getting +4 extra heavy duty springs made giving me a total lift of 9" I'm running 14.5" travel front shocks with the top turrets dropped 5" approx and 15" travel rear shocks with axle shock mounts moved up 3" and out a little giving massive flex. I'm running dislocation cones on the rear axle and made bolt in bolt off rear bump stops, on for the 40's and off for the 37's.

I have just ordered a new set of coils +240mm or +9.5" They will be a non dislocating spring so capable of extending to 80+ cm fully open and having different spring rates to suit requirements, springs flat/closed which open with no load, a few soft coils for absorbing small hits at speed on rough ground and the rest as the ones I'm running. I'm planning superior flex arms aswell.

With the 37's it will pull past 100mph no problem for longer periods, with the 40's I don't really push it more than 85-90mph.

I need to ask a few questions under different topics on the forum to find how others are working things with their turbos etc...

Couple more images for ya... Not quite on full flex.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 6cyltdi For This Useful Post:

leadsled (5th May 2013)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And one more..

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its like going to a whore house and seeing all the naughty bits...
    There that dirty the nearly need pixelation... Lol

Um, the 2.8 gq will have the same diffs, but I'm pretty sure the 2.8 gu will have the stronger axles and Cv's.. one of the GU gurus can confirm this..

But there is a 4.6-1 ratio option. So it will return close to stock setup. You'll be burning 40's by the sounds of it.. and yes, the manual lock ups are stronger than the autos, but as strong when the auto is locked..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In action this time.....

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you didn't get out the other end.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, 9 inch lift, thats insane !

Great looking rig mate, does not look like overkill when we see you going through mud bogs like above.

BTW, the chap (or chapette) in the landy (takin your pics) is doing a great job too !
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123