OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Advice on Exhausts

  1. #1
    Advanced WilliamPatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb Advice on Exhausts

    Hey Guys,

    I'm thinking about replacing my exhaust due to the stock muffler having small holes in it.

    I'm chasing the best bang for buck exhaust out there to suit a 2008 GU CRD 3.0L Ute (LEAF SPRING).

    I'm open to all suggestions and advice also from previous installations by others.

    Cheers,
    Will
    2008 GU CAB CHASSIS 3.0L ZD30
    Supercheap Auto Member / Apprentice Mechanic
    ... Now there's a solution!

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  3. #2
    SUCH IS LIFE Maxhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    11,797
    Thanks
    4,757
    Thanked 6,812 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try this: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...t-2.75-exhaust

    I think its the best exhaust for a CRD motor around
    Last edited by Maxhead; 9th December 2012 at 02:13 PM.
    ________________________
    ______ 2017 D-Max _______



    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit


    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

  4. #3
    Patrol God threedogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    31,638
    Thanks
    10,350
    Thanked 9,962 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    X 2 the Beaudesert 2.75" seems to suit the 3lt Cr motor well, PM Keven 07
    he's just fitted one and is very impressed with the performance,price .
    best bang for buck going atm
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

  5. #4
    Patrol Guru Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Western burbs of Melbourne
    Posts
    991
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 211 Times in 133 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x3 just sweet
    ------------
    2008 GU 3.0 CRD Auto - Life's too short to eat bad food.

  6. #5
    Advanced WilliamPatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,

    Ill definitely take a look.

    Would you recommend the Scotts Rods exhaust?

    3inch, I know... It's a little overkill on a 3.0L but its cheap. It would be good to hear from someone that has installed it.

    Heres a link:
    eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

    There is also a REDBACK 4x4 exhaust I found:
    eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

    However the REDBACK is fitted for a coil spring rear... Is there any difference between the coil and leaf?
    2008 GU CAB CHASSIS 3.0L ZD30
    Supercheap Auto Member / Apprentice Mechanic
    ... Now there's a solution!

  7. #6
    BIG & BALD MEGOMONSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western suburbs of Melbourne
    Posts
    13,235
    Thanks
    2,974
    Thanked 5,009 Times in 2,876 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chose the Taipan 3" exhaust for my patrol, as I wanted it to breathe better, without the noise and drone a 3" exhaust makes. The difference is minimal maybe 5dB from standard. And the longer its been on the better its been sounding.


    Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
    Pog mo th'oin.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

  8. #7
    Patrol Freak kevin07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    georges hall
    Posts
    1,334
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 338 Times in 257 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamPatrol View Post
    Hey Guys,

    I'm thinking about replacing my exhaust due to the stock muffler having small holes in it.

    I'm chasing the best bang for buck exhaust out there to suit a 2008 GU CRD 3.0L Ute (LEAF SPRING).

    I'm open to all suggestions and advice also from previous installations by others.

    Cheers,
    Will
    will after doing a lot of research just as your doing the overall the best to fit was the beudesert 2.75 as they have done a lot of research developing this exhaust for our motors i dont believe others have done this research.after checking other companies products some saying you cant buy 2.75 zorsts and you have to have a 3". they dont tell you that the 3" may cause overboost problems .some have taken their 3" off as it caused so many problems you can fix all them problems with a lot of coin for power modules etc or get a researched exhaust that costs a bit more but ill guarantee will blow your mind that it can increase your power that much.BEUDESERT 2.75" AS YOUR CHASING BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK.kev
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.


    92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella


    13 y62 the beast that burbles

  9. #8
    Advanced WilliamPatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    will after doing a lot of research just as your doing the overall the best to fit was the beudesert 2.75 as they have done a lot of research developing this exhaust for our motors i dont believe others have done this research.after checking other companies products some saying you cant buy 2.75 zorsts and you have to have a 3". they dont tell you that the 3" may cause overboost problems .some have taken their 3" off as it caused so many problems you can fix all them problems with a lot of coin for power modules etc or get a researched exhaust that costs a bit more but ill guarantee will blow your mind that it can increase your power that much.BEUDESERT 2.75" AS YOUR CHASING BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK.kev

    Thanks Kevin07,

    But I don't think they make an exhaust for the 2008 go ute (leaf spring), only coil....

    Keep opinions coming.
    2008 GU CAB CHASSIS 3.0L ZD30
    Supercheap Auto Member / Apprentice Mechanic
    ... Now there's a solution!

  10. #9
    Patrol Freak kevin07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    georges hall
    Posts
    1,334
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 338 Times in 257 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamPatrol View Post
    Thanks Kevin07,

    But I don't think they make an exhaust for the 2008 go ute (leaf spring), only coil....

    Keep opinions coming.
    Will give em a call im sure they can bend something up for the tail pipe
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.


    92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella


    13 y62 the beast that burbles

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •