Thread: For sale......I think :)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGQ View Post
    Buy the ix35 in diesel, don't worry about the naysayers on here who's brothers mate knows a guy who went out with a girl who's dad had a Hyundai that broke down so they must be all crap, if that was the case patrols would be crap too, all cars have problems, but Hyundai have come a helluva long way in recent years, I wouldn't hesitate idiots what I wanted, and really, who buys a car for resale value, you buy it to enjoy it, if everyone worried about resale value there would be no new car market.
    I'm guessing you have one then?

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    I'm guessing you have one then?

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....
    Nope, I don't have one, I have the GQ and a Fairlane.
    My point is that Hyundais and Kias are the Mazda Toyota and Nissan of years gone by, if we all stuck to 'what we know' we'd all still be driving a Ford or Holden.
    5 years or so ago I would never have even thought of buying a Korean made car, but as I said, they've come a long way and if I were I the market for a smallish car I'd be looking at the Koreans
    RB25DET powered GQ Patrol.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nope, I don't have one, I have the GQ and a Fairlane.
    My point is that Hyundais and Kias are the Mazda Toyota and Nissan of years gone by, if we all stuck to 'what we know' we'd all still be driving a Ford or Holden.
    5 years or so ago I would never have even thought of buying a Korean made car, but as I said, they've come a long way and if I were I the market for a smallish car I'd be looking at the Koreans
    I'll look at them but won't buy them.......... not until they start holding their value better

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    I'll look at them but won't buy them.......... not until they start holding their value better
    Resale value ? On a new car ? It's not like these things are collectors item so I'm really not taking that into consideration much
    Looking at the resale of the Mazda 3, at 8 years old I will be lucky to get 8k for it. Not bad considering it cost near 30k when new Lol....

Still a difficult decision to make.

Mazda - Good reputation. Had a brilliant run with the current one. Looking at a midspec petrol model for about the same $ as top spec Diesel Hyundai. Costly services. No capping.

Hyundai - Getting a decent reputation. Many of this model around already, it's 3yrs into its model life. Spoken to a few random owners at servo's etc, all seem happy with the car. Capped service costs for 3 yrs, 5r unlimited km warranty...

Missus is leaning towards the Hyundai, and I guess that matters as she will be driving it mostly.... I'm just trying to come to terms with coughing up the $$. Could spend half the $ on a 2-3 yr old car and still do the same job But she don't see it that way....

Decisions decisions.........
    Just joined the GU club... Happy days !
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy the ix35 in diesel, don't worry about the naysayers on here who's brothers mate knows a guy who went out with a girl who's dad had a Hyundai that broke down so they must be all crap, if that was the case patrols would be crap too, all cars have problems, but Hyundai have come a helluva long way in recent years, I wouldn't hesitate if its what I wanted, and really, who buys a car for resale value, you buy it to enjoy it, if everyone worried about resale value there would be no new car market.
    You must be in the automotive repair business yeh?? I have worked on many of these cars and others and the short story of things, australia has the harshest climate in the world IMO because we can go from 30 degrees to 15 in the same day and cars that are not made by engineers that understand this cant handle it here an break down and wear a lot faster and prematurely. Personally i will only buy cars that are made in japan of from aus anything else isn't worth it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lambroast View Post
    Resale value ? On a new car ? It's not like these things are collectors item so I'm really not taking that into consideration much
    Looking at the resale of the Mazda 3, at 8 years old I will be lucky to get 8k for it. Not bad considering it cost near 30k when new Lol....

Still a difficult decision to make.

Mazda - Good reputation. Had a brilliant run with the current one. Looking at a midspec petrol model for about the same $ as top spec Diesel Hyundai. Costly services. No capping.

Hyundai - Getting a decent reputation. Many of this model around already, it's 3yrs into its model life. Spoken to a few random owners at servo's etc, all seem happy with the car. Capped service costs for 3 yrs, 5r unlimited km warranty...

Missus is leaning towards the Hyundai, and I guess that matters as she will be driving it mostly.... I'm just trying to come to terms with coughing up the $$. Could spend half the $ on a 2-3 yr old car and still do the same job But she don't see it that way....

Decisions decisions.........
    If their SUV's are anything like a iLoad 20,000km blown engine for no apparent reason serviced and maintained as recommended and with a indicator problem that not even Hyundai can find because they don't have flasher cans i would steer clear of them, but each to their own as long as your happy with your decision then the rest is bulldust and doesn't matter.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a little i30 hire car while i was working in Perth. I thought it was a great little car (cruise and a great sound system)and pulled fine up all the hills i pointed it at. I would defo (if we were in the market) have a look at the Hyundai range

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colleagues said the diesel's were great for about the first 10,000 and then become sluggish
    A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm - this is gone past the Holden/Ford or Toymota/Nissan debate. If anyone was reading this forum in line for a new fourbie then there wouldn't be a 3.0L Di diesel sold from 2003 to 2007! You get what you pay for (generally) but the Hyundai's have come a long way. As has Daihatsu's, Mitsumbishis. Think of Ssang Yong and others. I think for every poor experience there is a great one! Yeah - there are inherent issues in a lot of cars - think Ford AU1 series Falcons and mid 90's Jags - but for the money, what you want it for, and what you are happy with is the key. Good to listen to advice but sometimes the "urban legend" is all too prevalent!

But now all that said - just by another Patrol (as long as it's not a 3.0L turbe diesel DI circa 2003 - just jokes!)

Jas

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Buy a bitsamissin delica, plenty of room for growth then lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast