Thread: For sale......I think :)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sale......I think :)

Hi all,

We've just added another little ratbag to the family, so are needing some more space. That means new vehicle.. Just bought a newy as the Missus mazda 3 is too small. Bit of a shame really as it's been an awesome little buzzbox.... Now in 'discussions' about which vehicle needs to go - 2004 mazda 3 or my 92 GQ Ti. Looks like it may be the patrol and I'll end up driving the mazda.. Thrill city...

So I'm trying to put a realistic value on it and would appreciate any comments you may have. Specs as follows:

Pro's:

1992 GQ Ti - Velour interior
    Petrol/Gas 42TBE injected.
    HID headlights
    Mickey Thompson ATZ 285/70 16's on Ti original 3 spoke alloys. Tyres have done about 4k tops - Brand new !
    Auto trans and torque converter rebuilt 3yrs ago, and serviced 1 month ago. Done about 10k since the rebuild.
    Just ticked over 350k.
    Larger Diesel alternator fitted.
    Dual batteries.
    Rear drawers with false floor.
    Rear dickie seats in storage in the shed.
    Spare CV/bearing kit - Not required, just got it from a bloke who sold his GQ.

Cons:

Drivers door trim giving me the shits. needs a little TLC. I've just replaced the window winder regulator and can't get the trim to stay on fat finger syndrome...
    Passenger window not working. Fault is in the master window winder control box. I have spare motor and a complete master switch assy. It's slightly different to the one in situ, all it needs is the switch changing over.
    Small dent in the drivers rear quarter panel right at the bottom. Happened when the previous tyre delaminated at highway speed. Probably not worth fixing.

Thats about it.

Any feedback is good feedback... Or if you're keen for a look (I live in Perth) drop me a PM

Cheers
    Simon
    Just joined the GU club... Happy days !
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My 2 cents worth is sell the Mazda 3 only as I think you"LL get more money than if you sold the Ti.
    With the Ti you'll have a safe 4x4 to take the new one around in, who takes a Mazda 3, 4x4ing anyway way tooooooo looooow IMO
    You'll still be able to 4x4 on the odd weekend, no brainer for me, you want some $$$$$$$ sell the Mazda 3
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No brained for me too, Mazda is too small, get rid of it. As for $$$$s life goes on.

Tappn the App Beers on Tap
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely more money in the Mazda.

Just sing zoom, zoom, zoom while you're in the Patrol and have the best of both

Thanks
    Thanked 12,425 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd give you $40 for the GQ. Realistically that's all it's worth... That's what you tell the missus anyway!

DIAL-A-TAP

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol.. Turns out they're worth about the same..
    Last edited by Lambroast; 7th December 2012 at 04:27 PM.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    my 2 cents worth is sell the mazda 3 only as i think you"ll get more money than if you sold the ti.
    With the ti you'll have a safe 4x4 to take the new one around in, who takes a mazda 3, 4x4ing anyway way tooooooo looooow imo
    you'll still be able to 4x4 on the odd weekend, no brainer for me, you want some $$$$$$$ sell the mazda 3
    im with threedogs mate sell the mazda you,l regret it later,more room goanywhere all round purpose
    vehicle yea,sell the mazda

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah looks like the Mazda is gettin the boot. Yay the patrol stays .... Missus isn't overly happy about that, buy hey, she's gonna be driving the new beast !

Anyone heard anything about these new Hyundai IX35's ? Tossing up between one of those in turbo diesel and a mazda CX5 petrol. Both really nice cars. Having mucho difficulty in deciding which one

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

replace the Mazda with a Mazda I say.......... never been keen on the Hyundais, build quality isnt crash hot and I've not seen an older one that doesnt have a nice blue smoke trail coming out of the exhaust

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't fault either vehicle for build quality. Five years ago I wouldn't have considered a Hyundai, but nowadays they seem to have come a long way. 5yr unlimited km warranty and 5 yrs roadside assist. 3yrs capped price servicing. Not too shabby. Drives really well. Goes like a cut snake !
    Dammit.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast