Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 Patrol getting hot under load

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    True Now after reading a few overheating problems coming mainly from 2010 models.
    Might be a good idea if you have any heating issues whats so ever on a 2010 model to ask the service dept or yourself to flush the system
    and use fresh compliant coolant, summer just aruond the corner
    Last edited by threedogs; 7th December 2012 at 05:36 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    True Now after reading a few overheating problems coming mainly from 2010 models.
    Might be a good idea if you have any heating issues whats so ever on a 2010 model to ask the service dept or yourself to flush the system
    and use fresh compliant coolant, summer just aruond the corner
    I'm thinking the same threedogs... does anyone agree with me that a second flush at next service should do the trick? I shouldn't think we would have any further problems with it after this...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my patrol owners manual /service history book says coolant change at 80,000 klm or 48 months whichever comes first ,a 40,000 klm service is all filters and all oils NO coolant change ,i work in the parts industry and we are told to only use green coolant where specified and only use red coolant where specified mixing red with green will cause jelly like grey substance to appear in cooling system, no prob mixing greens with green or reds with reds but i do see many customers trying to buy green to put in a car that clearly has red in it just to top it up but they dont want to pay for red its too dear they say , never before in the history of cars 4wd etc has it been so important to stick with the recommended oils and coolants in a car ,many new cars you cant get the exact oil or coolant for your car non genuine and you have to go to dealer ,just because a product is rebadged or packed in dealers pack does not make it the same as castrol etc even when its supplied by castrol to the dealer !!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy at work is/was having issues with overheating on 2002 patrol, so I suggested to join the forum and that I've been reading up on Patrol overheating issues and firstly suggested he get the radiator checked properly for blockages, not just flushing it. Also said that it just might be something simple like wrong radiator cap on the vehicle, he said "that couldn't be the problem surely" then explained different caps have different pressure settings. Took it to the mechanic and found he had the wrong cap on the car, they replaced with original cap and all is well now. All of this info from the NPforum and would like thank everyone for making this forum a wealth of information for everyone to learn, help and enjoy.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went away on the weekend towing, same route as last time, patrol didn't get hot at all... looks like it might just be sorted!
    Loss of power up hills is annoying (big hills) but a consequence of the auto transmission I think.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123