OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: engine missing at idle and more under load

ckh
    1. its got an auto choke.
    2. Timing has been set at 10 BTDC have tried it at 5 and at 15 made no difference.
    3. no bubbles in coolant when radator cap off, not loosing any coolant either.
    3.5 no using oil appart from the little usual bit of smoke when first started in the morning
    4. have check oil filler cpa an clean as
    have tried champion and another named brand plug, but dont want to spent a fortune on the iridium plugs yet, as if I have to replace the head its going to break the bank .
    5 have replaced plugs, dist cap, leads, even tried going back to points yesterday incase it was the pentrix ignighter, but same miss
    6 replaced fuel and air filters after running all the cleaning stuff mentioned below
    7 yesterday arvo tacho was jumping all over the place, and car ran real bad, found bolt that holds dizzy in place when adjusting timing had stripped out, so replaced with another bolt and reset timing, tacho behaving now, except for the slight movement when it misses, but the miss is still there.

Thinking it was crap in the carbo or contaminated fuel last week as for the past month had been running cheap fuel from 7/11 in it, ran it near empty on friday, and filled with BP ultimate, and added every fuel cleaner, carby and injector clean and octane booster i could buy from repco and supercheap, over 120 dollars in additatives in total. since then been filling up with either bp ultimate or shell optimax, fuel consumption is now 20.49/100 on that first tank of good stuff, then 18.03/100 on the second and filling up this morning was 17.56/100, have been giving the aircon a bit of a hiding as its been very hot up here in Ipswich and brisbane..

One thing I have noticed as when I turn the aircon on the rev's dont go up like they used to if anthing it drops the revs a little...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have either a bad earth some were and you might need to run a carby kit thru your carby, it may be gummed up inside and the diaphragms have dried a little with age. Have you done a compression test yet??

ckh
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    You have either a bad earth some were and you might need to run a carby kit thru your carby, it may be gummed up inside and the diaphragms have dried a little with age. Have you done a compression test yet??
    Not yet a guy on a forum is doing a compression test on the weekend for me for a 6 pack of beer, another guy is getting me to go to his place tomorrow arvo, and try his coil etc in my car, he had simular problems.. So hopefully its not the head or valves after all

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its always shit when there is something wrong with ya car. especially when you cant find it! good luck with it mate. hope it aint the head

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So this is an unleaded motor with no gas am I right ???
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

ckh
    Correct unleadeed, no gas on it ever...

ckh
    Just did the test a few people have said to to, started the car up in the dark and looked for sparks, none to be found or at least seen....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckh View Post
    Just did the test a few people have said to to, started the car up in the dark and looked for sparks, none to be found or at least seen....
    There wont be any sparks coz you put new leads and cap. Your fault sounds like earth, fuel or valve miss, so prey you have 150psi or there abouts in each pot and that will point you in the right direction and make sure you check the earths aswell.

ckh
    have done as a few have suggested, pulled out the flame thrower and put origional coil back in, its still got a miss, did some googling. a test for a burnt valve is to put ya hand over the exhaust pipe and if there is any sucking rather than blowing its a sign of a burnt exhaust valve... tried that and was flat out keeping my hand over the exhaust, kept trying to blow hand off..

Am going to a guys place this arvo to try his GT40 coil and see if that makes a difference

ckh
    have called around a few places around brisbane, a exchange head ready to bolt on is going to cost around the 1200 mark including gaskets, and for them to fit it and give me a full 12 month unlimited K warranty its going to cost around 2K in total... God I hope and pay its electrical or fuel..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast