Hybrid View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    You could have a look at the Dometic fridge in 60L :http://www.dometic.com/enau/Asia-Pac...ctdataid=68387

Under 500mm wide. You will need to purchase their tropical fan kit as the fridge itself is not tropical. We have a bigger version and are more then happy with it. Works great on gas & 240v. 12V is more for travelling and will not cool food/beers down but will keep cold while travelling. Gas is most efficient.
    Thanks Nisshead,
    I was unaware of the "tropical fan kit" for these fridges,how much extra space do they take?
    I guess that they push air up the back of the fridge so that correct installation with baffles and side insulation and sealing is required. Words of advice would be appreciated.
    Muletopia

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muletopia View Post
    Thanks Nisshead,
    I was unaware of the "tropical fan kit" for these fridges,how much extra space do they take?
    I guess that they push air up the back of the fridge so that correct installation with baffles and side insulation and sealing is required. Words of advice would be appreciated.
    Muletopia
    I think the kit is just a fan, thermistor or a pyro. The fan kicks in when the temp on the condenser gets to a certain temp. From memory I think the fan draws the hot air out. I didn't install it as Jayco installed it in the factory, but I know it was a separate kit to turn it into a tropical rating. I will see if I still have the install instructions in the caravan.

I only remember it kicking in once beginning of this year on a trip when it was around 36 deg.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the kit is just a fan, thermistor or a pyro. The fan kicks in when the temp on the condenser gets to a certain temp. From memory I think the fan draws the hot air out. I didn't install it as Jayco installed it in the factory, but I know it was a separate kit to turn it into a tropical rating. I will see if I still have the install instructions in the caravan.

I only remember it kicking in once beginning of this year on a trip when it was around 36 deg.
    Good on you Nisshead,
    That is sounding promising, if you can find the install instructions that would be great.
    Cheers
    Muletopia

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good on you Nisshead,
    That is sounding promising, if you can find the install instructions that would be great.
    Cheers
    Muletopia
    Ok Here's the instructions. They are very basic and don't give too much away.

Let me know how you go and if you need photos of the install let me know...no dramas.
    Attached Files Attached Files

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Here's the instructions. They are very basic and don't give too much away.

Let me know how you go and if you need photos of the install let me know...no dramas.
    Hello Nisshead,
    I tried to download the ventillator kit pdf file. The download faild in both Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7. Would you try again please.
    Cheers
    Muletopia

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello Nisshead,
    I tried to download the ventillator kit pdf file. The download faild in both Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7. Would you try again please.
    Cheers
    Muletopia
    Here's a link to my google docs https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7n...zUzVFdSZlFwS3c

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ta Nisshead,
    received that and printed it OK
    thanks
    Muletopia