OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used a tiger z winch?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 12000lb grande on my rig. Haven't used for its purpose yet. However I used it to lower a mini minor shell down my old mans driveway that goes down to to the basement, which is quite steep.
    The winch is very noisy, it started to make a grinding sound and really slowed down. I stopped which for a second and then restarted and it seemed to be fine. I don't think this is normal, should I rip it out and take it back? Any thoughts?

LESS YAP YAP, MORE TAP TAP!!
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8495&dateline=1347611  053

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have the engine running and did you increase the revs to cope with the load??????

Remember it is an electric winch and if you get a voltage drop it is not good for the winch...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They all seem to do the job ,but has anyone tried getting spares or overhaul kits for them.
    Might just be other products that are Shite like awning.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The engine was running and I flicked the engine warm up button to lift the revs. What range do you think the revs should be at?

LESS YAP YAP, MORE TAP TAP!!
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8495&dateline=1347611  053

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    They all seem to do the job ,but has anyone tried getting spares or overhaul kits for them.
    Might just be other products that are Shite like awning.

you can get a winch service kit or the Tigerz through super Cheap Auto. Tigerz,Roo,Ridge Ryder and BCF are all selling the the same winch at various Prices...
    http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...d=326361#Cross
    Its not a overhaul kit but if your needs a new service with seals and new solenoid this will get you out of trouble foe $100
    FORCED OFFROAD
    Built by NISSAN Powered by HOLDEN Perfected by ME "hulksta"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GX2M...layer_embedded
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Gq-v8-daul-cab.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forced Offroad For This Useful Post:

04OFF (16th May 2013), Bloodyaussie (16th May 2013), threedogs (20th May 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    The Aldi winch I picked up, cheap, had water in the gearbox. After spending quite some time cleaning and regreasing it, I have added an extra O ring to the clutch handle, and have used silicon to make seals for the cable drum. I used an electrical Junction box which seals properly, for the control box. when all of it has dried for a few days, I will put it in a big container of water and run it. Fingers crossed.
    Ran the winch in a 40 litre container and then stripped it down, not a drop made it past the new seals. Feel a lot happier fitting it to the Old Trol now.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

NP99 (16th May 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Ran the winch in a 40 litre container and then stripped it down, not a drop made it past the new seals. Feel a lot happier fitting it to the Old Trol now.
    Brilliant mate......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

mudnut (16th May 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apparently,the melbourne 4x4 show won't be having the tigerz and Roo systems partake as a few of the bigger players have gotten a bit upset with the newcomer.I am part of another online forum where there is a write up about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wa 489 View Post
    Apparently,the melbourne 4x4 show won't be having the tigerz and Roo systems partake as a few of the bigger players have gotten a bit upset with the newcomer.I am part of another online forum where there is a write up about it.
    Hi mate there is a 25 page write up here too and pretty well every 4wd forum on the net also has a big thread about it. "a bit upset with the newcomer" does not even come close to the whole story there mate, Have a bit of a search around the web and you will find sooo much more too it. Mr Roothy calling the rest of us "Un Australian" while he peddles his cheap Chinese copies of Australian made and designed product that he ripped off his previous Advertisers is a little more than people getting upset with a Newcomer. The leeches should stay home. Happy Days
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Avo (20th May 2013), Forced Offroad (21st May 2013), taslucas (20th May 2013), threedogs (20th May 2013), Winnie (10th July 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Takes me half an hour to find what i wrote ealier in the day but will try and find it.Stay calm and have a beer i am new here and will find my way as i go.No i didn't take offence to what you said and i will read the thread if i find it.Sounds like a lot of people don't have a problem with there winches but....
    I will now flip that lid and hop back in my box............................and do some research

Cheers neil

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (20th May 2013)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast