Thread: engine mounts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

engine mounts

Hey guys,

Just wondering if between the RD2.8, RB3.0, TB4.2 etc there are different mounts to the chassis for the engine mounts. I mean the bit that is welded to the chassis.

The patrol I got had the mounts cut off as it had a chev in it once upon a time. I got some with the car that the guy before me had cut out if a wreck. They just cut a chunk of chassis out. I trimmed them all up and found where they fit as some of the old mounts were left over.

I am mounting up a tb42. It was ORIGINALLY a rb30 from factory. Where some of the old mounts are left on the chassis is a far way out from where the motor sits now with the mounts all bolted to the motor. The mounts seem to be about 20 - 30mm forward to where i was expect them from looking at the existing bit of mount. I have the transmission crossmember bolted up to get the distance right there.

So did they change the spot they welded the mounts to on various combinations or is it something like I have the auto transmission crossmember that is pushing the motor forward etc etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement