Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharging ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input guys, points noted ta
    I was going to go usual turbo mod but found my main operating rev range is surprisingly low MOST of the time . Admittedly the turbo will out perform the S/C on the way to an event for sure. I'm also aware of the power drain in the 1st place to run the s/c but in real terms that's only about 4-6 hp using a M112 (according to Eaton ) I've got a charge cooled intercooler to go on and will also be doing an LPG injection system into the package :-) I've done the lpg before and that alone gives a pretty impressive slap in the back.
    In a cash rich dream world I visit most nights I'd have the s/c boosting straight into a massahoosive turbo in series and stuff that lot into a custom inlet manifold ................................meanwhile back in the real world :/
    I'll be liberating a jag of it's supercharger this week and see what can be done with that to start with. I'm always on a budget:@
    Y60 Patrol 4.2 d SWB in puke green
    2" body lift, 2" pedders suspension lift, 35" Simex muds on excel 16" alloys, needs a turbo :/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you done much research in to what type (posative displacement / centrafugal) blower you want. I know that you are looking at how to mount it but from what you are saying you would be after a posative displacement s/c as they provide boost all the time where as the centrafugal blower takes time to build boost (it pretty much is a half of a turbo)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone just taken a turbo compressor and bolted a pulley to front of it??

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a short wheel base gq with a eaton m90 removed from a v6 commodore (l67 v6 buick engine) on ebay months ago.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnoD View Post
    Have you done much research in to what type (posative displacement / centrafugal) blower you want. I know that you are looking at how to mount it but from what you are saying you would be after a posative displacement s/c as they provide boost all the time where as the centrafugal blower takes time to build boost (it pretty much is a half of a turbo)
    As I understand it the Eaton is positive disp type . M112 has the capacity for 14psi on a 4lt engine. Different pulleys are available to vary that psi figure
    I've also found the Eaton type is easy to renovate with new bearings etc. Not as fiddly inside as turbo
    Things are moving now ?!
    2" body lift, 2" pedders suspension lift, 35" Simex muds on excel 16" alloys, needs a turbo :/

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davo94 View Post
    There was a short wheel base gq with a eaton m90 removed from a v6 commodore (l67 v6 buick engine) on ebay months ago.
    Cheers for that, I found a link to it but the pics were gone. M90 is too small too. Would have been nice to see the basic mechanics of the fixings is all

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the m90 on a v6 3.8l running 14psi intercooled at just shy of 300rwhp.
    Its not in its efficiency range in the higher rpm range however with the low rpm-power you seeking dont look past it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to davo94 For This Useful Post:

makeitfit (28th November 2012)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the pic

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ha cheers for that Strange but more difficult to find the M90 over here. plenty of M112 though as they appear to be on plenty of Jags, and they are easy to get from the scrappy
    What sort of intercooler did you use?
    I had been thinking of putting the s/c the other side so I could put a top mount charge cooled i/c over the engine. So basically inline to the inlet manifold.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look at l67torque.net
    That will show you how us aussies do it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast