OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: ..... what wrong with m car GU8 started to miss and got xmass tree.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..... what wrong with m car GU8 started to miss and got xmass tree.

Ok so my car is a 2012 50th anniversary GU8, stock as a rock engine wise.

Driving to work this morning, the traction control and stability control light come on, OK WTF, turned engine off, waited, turned back on, drove about 300m, lights come back on, engine starts to miss a bit, turned it off, this time only 300m from work parking.

Waited some more, turned it back on and lights still on, and car seamed to miss, when i pulled into the car park the car engine almost stalled.

Turned it off for good, checked engine codes and nothing, the only thing is that the Stability and traction lights turned on and the car had a miss, in the engine intermittently.

Has anyone had this before. I am calling nissan but need to work out what the f is going on first

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Call Nissan and get them to come and get it, fix it and drop it back to you by end of day mate. That is what your warranty is for.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah had the conversation now, they told me to see if it does it at lunch time, when i go out, if it does, drop it off at their shop...Fingers crossed its all Ok

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    make sure they have a courtesy car ready for you mate. You have spent a heap of cash with them! You are Not going to Hitch a ride home!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so have taken the car out twice since and there's no problem like nothing happened, bloody modern electronics

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like we do at work on these big machines running up to 5 ecm's the ole battery isolate does the trick. If something like this occurs again try just disconnecting the battery for 10 min and see how she goes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say the engine is stock as a rock, what are your modifications?
    GUIII ZD30 Manual Wagon, OME 2" lift, 33" BFG AT's, Snorkel, Chip, 3" Redback Exh, Dual Batts, etc.
    KEEP OUR TRACKS LITTER FREE!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noting, engine wise bar a snorkel, which was installed with sensor safe silastic ect ect . Other then that, stock exhaust, stock computer, no chips nada, only got 13K on teh clock the car is 5 months old.

The car itself is a 50th anniversary so came with 8K worth of goodies like bull bars lights ect ect, Al i have done is put a 2" lift under her and thats all

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Like we do at work on these big machines running up to 5 ecm's the ole battery isolate does the trick. If something like this occurs again try just disconnecting the battery for 10 min and see how she goes.
    Do what Nissannewby said.. I have heard a few times similar things happening and a bit of piss farting around and on 2 occasions disconnecting the battery sorted it ??????

Cant hurt to try.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would, at least, check to see if all the plugs under the bonnet that you can reach are all plugged in properly and there isn't a loose connector....
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...