OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigerz11 side awning thoughts.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tigerz11 side awning thoughts.....

Ok guys,
    I've been keen to put a side awning on my GQ. I already have a Supa Peg one for the back which is really good for cooking out if the back when the weather is rubbish.
    My preference has always been to buy Australian made but I see Tigerz11 have a ridiculous price of $159 at the moment for a 2.5m one that is almost too good to pass up.
    Typically I wouldn't touch their stuff with a 40ft pole but that price is almost too good.
    What are everyone's thoughts?
    As some Pimmie bloke once wrote: "To buy or not to buy? That is the question...."
    Cheers,
    Drew

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont bother..... I bought a more expensive one but still a cheapy and it snapped 2 polls the first time I used it...... now trying to get my money back.

I have now vowed to not by any more on this cheap crap... I would rather buy it once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Drew. Whilst I get value for money, I have heard so many poor things about them that I would skip it. Invariably what will happen is you will buy it and then spend good money after bad to repair it, or worse, you will bin it and then be out of pocket anyways. More and more in 4wd land the old adage seems to be true - "you get what you pay for".

Just my 2 cents, however I have very rarely regretted spending a bit more coin for reliable and quality goods than poor but cheap goods. Every know and then something is truly value for money (just see the Aldi thread as an example), however unless someone else x 5 has a good experience I am usually pretty reticent to touch "cheap" products.

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my mates has a Roosystems awning that he bought from the melb 4x4show and we've had it up a few times now in pretty strong winds, although with prior experience if shade shelters flying through the air on the Murray, we tie things down really well now, so that could contribute to the awning withstanding the winds we had.. All in all I was pleased with the product and would consider it. We used double rope spring tie downs for the awning. Preparation is everything.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,
    I too am from the school of buy it once and buy it right, that's why I was so torn, pardon the pun :-)
    I'm thinking I might leave it alone and save my pennies for a good, locally made one.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On this subject I am trying to get my money back through an ebay vendor but they are ignoring my messages.
    The add states the warranty guidelines but they are not even replying... what should I do!!!

No more cheap chinese shit for me!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also thought $159 was too good to pass up, I bought a Tigerz11 from the Melbourne show... So far - so good! I believe they've changed one of the pieces from plastic to aluminium as they were breaking.
    GUIII ZD30 Manual Wagon, OME 2" lift, 33" BFG AT's, Snorkel, Chip, 3" Redback Exh, Dual Batts, etc.
    KEEP OUR TRACKS LITTER FREE!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    The add states the warranty guidelines but they are not even replying... what should I do!!!

You can actually ring eBay these days to talk to someone and ask what your options are....worked for me most times.
    You'll find the number eventually...lol Go to customer support and buyer/item not as described/call us then you get a password to call them

Good luck with it mate

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kris, I have not had much luck with those ebay pricks. I lost a case decision even though on the same day of the ruling was made the seller admitted fault then I get a message from ebay saying sorry we have reviewed your case and must rule against you??????????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    On this subject I am trying to get my money back through an ebay vendor but they are ignoring my messages.

If you paid thru paypal, you can log a complaint thru paypal and the buyer has to come to an agreement with you or you get your money back. If you paid thru bank deposit, you can go thru ebay but really other than them(ebay) sending him(seller) a nasty email, you have done your $$$$

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast