OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tigerz11 side awning thoughts.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi BA - a bit of a pain but worth doing. Not siding with Ebay but with all the litigious lawyers out there I can see why its hard.

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    On this subject I am trying to get my money back through an ebay vendor but they are ignoring my messages.
    The add states the warranty guidelines but they are not even replying... what should I do!!!

No more cheap chinese shit for me!!!!
    Report them to Ebay mate.

that'll get their attention. and keep every email and message you send/recieve.
    Just about to jump into my next Patrol. A 2001 GU II TB45E .

WARNING!: Do not ever use a towball as a recovery point. They are not rated and can become a deadly projectile during a recovery if they snap off, and they have done so with tragic results in the past.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi drew, I got an austent Foxwing awning, I know they are fairly dear but they cover the side and across the back, and you can put it up in a couple of mins,
    you can even get l/h or r/h mount and the material is oil skin with zips on the out side so you can put side curtains on as well.
    Drive is 04 DX wagon, 165Ks, Dual Batts, 12000kg Warn in steel bar, Snorkel, Xray 220 Hid Spots, Cruise, digital EGT, Draws in back with power box, 40Ltr Waeco for the essentuals

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im having a bit of a giggle over this.
    I was the guy that went to them and showed them how shitty their product was when the hinge points snapped off.
    2 More broke in front of them.
    They then copied the ally hinge i made.
    700 were made off shore to cover the awnings they had already sold.
    I have just had the roof rack i got off them re coated, all of their powder coat fell off. Rust underneath their powder coat.
    My roof top tent leaks water when its folded up.
    I cut the roof rack apart and alined the brackets, they were 5mm out on each side.
    The Troll has just had the roof welded and painted after it ripped through the seams from stress caused by the roof rack.
    Please ask me what i think of their imported rubbish.
    If you buy from these people, then dont sook when it all hits the fan.
    Because it will.
    You have been warned.
    Pay more money, get quality 4x4 gear.
    I learnt the hard way, because i didnt know any better at the time.
    Good luck to any one that uses their product cause ya gunna need it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so which quality brand is know for reliable stuff ?
    2012 GU Patrol Simpson Edition. Auto. UHF, Bull Bar, 2" lift with Koni shocks, dobinson coils. 3" stainless Steel Exhaust.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i had known that answer when i got the patrol i would be thousands better off.
    And i mean that, thousands.
    These folks will have a better idea than i will.
    Just on ebay, i pay with paypal where ever possible.
    When ever i have had a problem i ring them and put in place an advanced claim.
    To date after spending heaps on ebay and other places, paypal has never let me down. Wish i had used it when i got the above stuff.
    A shifty deal done from the ware house out side ebay so no paypal.
    I have had money returned, product changed over. Yo name it paypal has fixed it straight away.
    They freze the funds, and have the power to retract the funds if you have a problem with the product.
    But there is a time frame that you must act within.
    Cant speak highly enough on paypals behalf.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easy way is to wait a bit longer when you have a bit more money or do what a number of members on here have done including my good mate who loves to rub it in and make your own for about $80 if you use a really good tarp as that is where most of the expense goes.

Very simple design and not that hard to do.

Dont be sucked in by this Chinese crap no matter how good it looks in the photos and what the advertising says ..... it will fall apart, fade, rust, snap, and piss you off in the short term not the long!!!!!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had a chance to look into awnings yet..mainly as I don't have a roof racks yet but my old man is a Sail maker and has the full industrial sewing machines so could easily make some of these up I reckon. If someone has a design or a sketch with measurements I could get him to knock up some prototypes at a lot better price depending on what material people want.

Mark
    2007 ST 3L Turbo Diesel Manual Patrol - Stock as a rock ...

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markp90 View Post
    I haven't had a chance to look into awnings yet..mainly as I don't have a roof racks yet but my old man is a Sail maker and has the full industrial sewing machines so could easily make some of these up I reckon. If someone has a design or a sketch with measurements I could get him to knock up some prototypes at a lot better price depending on what material people want.

Mark
    If you are not in any great rush just turn up to some meet ups and see what people are using first hand.. Roothy's set up is pretty good for a home made job and works well..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tigerz is 100% rubbish. I bought one fr myself for the pure fact that it was cheap and if it got damaged on the tracks I wouldn't be bothered. Problem is I haven't been on any tracks yet and it still broke near the hinges. Poles would not stay up right. Call Tigerz and got a ear full. I started of being very nice the owner started off like the f** grubby P*** he looks like on the Dvd's. I'm not the only one the owner has abused for asking to fix his product only after purchase.

I went to BCF and bought some news hinges and internal pole locks. Works ok now,Still rubbish though.
    A lot of stuff comes out of china, but there is Chinese gear and there's is Really bad Chinese gear.
    FORCED OFFROAD
    Built by NISSAN Powered by HOLDEN Perfected by ME "hulksta"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GX2M...layer_embedded
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Gq-v8-daul-cab.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast