Thread: Patrol surging

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patrol surging

I have a 2010 crd patrol with 43000klm on the clock. Just recently when i accelerate the patrol surges slightly and the tacho jumps around a bit. No warning lights are coming on and everything else seems fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to whats going on. Need some advice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Check your boost , fit EGT and boost gauge then you know whats going on, clean the MAF sensor as well, check all hoses to see if tight
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any smoke??
    x2 with threedogs comment. Give MAF a clean. Check boost and inlet hoses.
    Check sensors
    Replace the fuel filter unless you are 100% certain it is good.
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    I have a 2010 crd patrol with 43000klm on the clock. Just recently when i accelerate the patrol surges slightly and the tacho jumps around a bit. No warning lights are coming on and everything else seems fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to whats going on. Need some advice.
    Throttle Position Sensor???? give it a good spray with some contact cleaner.
    by how much does the tacho jump around??

theres another post on this issue here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...08-CRD-Surging
    Last edited by Maxhead; 20th November 2012 at 08:25 PM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys i suspected it may be a few of those things mentioned, will give it a good once over on the weekend and see what happens, thanks again

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    g'day dumpy, i have had the same problem for a while now been eveywhere done everything (fuel and air filters, cleaned MAF, fitted egt and boost gauges.) no one can tell me what is going on! had a steinbauer fitted and thought that was the problem even had them replace the wiring harness to the unit. the only thing i did not do is the throttle position sensor, where is it ? can i clean it with MAF cleaner?? anyone let me know please!!!
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manual or Auto? Sounds like what mine was doing when I realise the clutch was going... Mine was worse in 2nd, 3rd & 4th when under load. When cruising in 5th it was fine.
    Last edited by scotty83; 25th November 2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Scotty B | Take it Off Road or Take it Back
    3.0L GUIV 2005 - TIG Welded Intercooler, NADS, Redarc Dual Battery, Additional rear power socket, 2" Lift (Ironman constant load foam cell), Electronic Trailer Brake Controller, Steel Bullbar, 12,000lb Winch, UHF

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    g'day scotty, mines a manual and had the clutch replaced with a excedy safari clutch about 20k ago also mine seems to surge at low revs trying to hold a steady speed and under acceleration until it sort of (levels out) not sure how to actually explain what it does but it is worse when the steinbauer is plugged in which isn't often. can someone give me information on where the throttle position sensor is?
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grimace
    my 08 wagon was doing the same, would drive ok if i put the boot into it, but sitting around 2000 revs in 2nd, 3rd it would surge (traffic driving). also really nasty in low 4. tried all the cheap things, disconnect battery for 24 hrs, clean maf, change air and fuel filters. ended up pulling out TPS and cleaned it with maf spray ended up making it worse and threw some fault codes (low voltage on TPS). replaced TPS and all good now, very pricey but $610 from nissan. the sensor is in the accelerator peddle (fly by wire) have to replace the whole peddle assembly, 3 nuts and a cable connection clip. disconnect battery, replace TPS, connect battery an hour later. not sure if this was the right thing to do but it worked.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jimi_h80 For This Useful Post:

grimace (26th November 2012)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah the problem was the throttle sensor, nissan replaced it, its still under warrenty so was happy for them to do it. no problems after it had been replaced

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast