Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patrol surging

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 2008 crd 5 speed has been doing the same thing took it back to nissan and they cleaned maf, checked egr valve, checked or reset the tps settings and checked drive shaft etc, it fixed the issue for a few days and no is doing it again, i told them i feel it all in the throttle or accelerator and how much to replace the TPS, they said they'd do the EGR valve ($700) and the MAF $1500 beofe they replaced the TPS, it shows no fault and did not play up on road test but is definately there and psssing me off

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dexy2008 View Post
    my 2008 crd 5 speed has been doing the same thing took it back to nissan and they cleaned maf, checked egr valve, checked or reset the tps settings and checked drive shaft etc, it fixed the issue for a few days and no is doing it again, i told them i feel it all in the throttle or accelerator and how much to replace the TPS, they said they'd do the EGR valve ($700) and the MAF $1500 beofe they replaced the TPS, it shows no fault and did not play up on road test but is definately there and psssing me off
    Hopefully you don't have to fork out a couple of grand before they listen to you.

$1500 for a maf sensor ? Wow I'd like their margins
    ------------
    2008 GU 3.0 CRD Auto - Life's too short to eat bad food.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

check on the forum man, i am pretty sure some of the boys have replaced their MAFs for under $300. don't let nissan do what you can probably do yourself and for a hell of a lot cheaper, there is information covering every part of these trucks on the forum and usually someone has already had the same problem before you did. most jobs can be done very easily yourself and you get to spend the coin on more mods and we all know you can't have enough mods.....
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12