Thread: Replacement seats

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Theres a bloke up the sunny coast who can repair and re upholster to your desire that does a good job and is well priced. I can see if I can track down the details?
    That'd be awesome mate - Anvvid at Capalaba do also, and are known to be good ... but not sure what something like this would set me back through then ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    I was waiting for these to pop up mego you took your time lol
    I was waiting for others first , then come in at the end and dazzle em. Lol

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    They look good, what covering did you use? Who did the work? what part of Melbourne? How long from drop off to pick up?, $$$?

Thanks
    Tux
    The seat were done in soft luxury leather and the work done by Alphaline through the Nissan dealership.
    http://www.alphalineauto.com.au/
    They wanted $3500 for all 7 seats but got em down to $2500 for the 5 seats but Nissan ended up doing all 7 anyway.
    I believe it did take em a couple weeks.
    But I don't think it was there the whole time, I think measure first , cut it all out then get the car back for final fitting.
    They were also suppose to bolster up the sides of the headrest but couldn't get it to seat properly.
    I think they are located in Tullamarine.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished up going for a pair of seats out of a wrecked 2005 Wagon, checked out the aftermarket options but too rich for my blood and not convinced that they are sufficiently more comfortable to justify the dollars.
    As suggested by some replies it was a very easy bolt out bolt in job.
    While I was at it I removed the seat belt assemblies and gave the belts a good scrub including the upper guide, blew the dust away from the mechanism and now they retract like they should.
    I also used a bit of 1200 grit wet and dry to give the plastic guide a bit of a polish which may have helped.
    Just finished fitting a few sheets of butyl sound dampener to the inside if the doors, the floor pan and the bukhead behind the seats, also pushed a block of foam in behind the extraction vents at the back of the cab so that the bottom two thirds of the vent is blocked.
    Still plenty of air flow out of the remaining opening and a significant reduction in noise in the cab.
    All that is left to do now is to lift the tray off and fit a stainless water tank under there, tidy up the paint around the back of the cab, the tray and the chassis, reseal the sender unit on the sub tank fit a couple of auxiliary power points inside the cab and it will be bush ready.
    Briandon

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i have spent days and days reading and trying to get my head around the options to imporve my 2016 GU front seats
    They are uncomfortable for anth8ng but very short trips..

I have researched the options
    Lots of people seem to like a full replacement ford XR6 replacement frame and frame adaptor. But under Qld laws this will require mod plate and approval. Not sure i need the pain on this

The costs seems over the top, somewhere from $400 a pair to buy plus the adapter base then be re-apolstered at about $1800.00 so seems to be around $2,500 a pair

I found a mob at Beranda Qld that will re do the original Nissan seats so No mod plate or approls required
    They look goood and well finished but the $1600 price tag seems very high for a pair of new foam inserts and leather covers
    But so far the best option i can find
    Last edited by Fwdpatrol; 3rd August 2018 at 07:25 AM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your seats, the work is just amazing and good to see that fitting and specially design, i like your idea about the such work...
    Keep calm and carry on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12