Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North Stradbroke Island, Main Beach Camp Site

Hi All,

Heading over to Straddy for xmas this year, booked in for Flinders beach but sadly it is all booked out for the dates I wanted :-( So my next option I took was main beach sites. Never been down to check out those sites, wanted to get some info on what's it like down that way. I've got my camper trailer coming with me so info is much appreciated.

Access to sites - what site to stay away from? I hear that access 10 is a no no?

Cheers F
    GU series 7, 3" lift EFS Elite with Dobinson springs all round, Dual Batt, roof rack with side awning, Safari Snorkel, Scan gauge, TaipanXP 3" SS Vortex Exhaust, Cross Country Intercooler upgrade, Dawes Valve, Stage 2 TaipanXP Chip, Catch Can, blocked EGR.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate we went to straddie about two monthe ago and probably only half of main beach camp access tracks were drivable! I don't know how you will go with a camper trailer so I suggest you go with other capable vehicles and have some good recovery gear because unless it has changed alot or they do some track work you might have some fun getting in. We were also advised by the rangers not to take a camper on main beach for this reason. It may be different now though.
    GQ Snorkle Lockers front n rear

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi 89,

Cheers for the info, Hopefully the rangers work the tracks for the busy ahead. Yeah heading over with another family but I dont think they'll be much help as they will be towing as well. Maybe I'll try to contact the park rangers? We'll see how it goes.

Cheers bro.
    GU series 7, 3" lift EFS Elite with Dobinson springs all round, Dual Batt, roof rack with side awning, Safari Snorkel, Scan gauge, TaipanXP 3" SS Vortex Exhaust, Cross Country Intercooler upgrade, Dawes Valve, Stage 2 TaipanXP Chip, Catch Can, blocked EGR.