OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you in a 4WD club?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

38 42.70%
  • NO

51 57.30%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you in a 4WD Club

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a club member I dont think our Club Public Liability insurance covers me on a non club outing.
    All club outings are minuted and if it is organised before the next meeting the exec is informed and is minuted at the following meeting.
    We also sign on to the trip register befor heading off from the meeting point, if it turns to custard we are covered.
    We have 40 members, about 25 turn up to a meeting and most of the time is trip talk; past, next, future and possible.
    Piss taking is the norm and we have a golden knob award, meetings are a grin, sure there is business that has to be taken care of but I really enjoy our club and the people in it.
    We also have a lady member who is a great person and doesnt mind having a go either.
    Maybe I'm lucky but I didn't find out what it was really like untill I joined.
    Last edited by macca; 11th November 2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Clarify type of policy
    Cheers
    Macca

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,442 Times in 6,265 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Geez, is this the kind of political BS talked about? If you do damage to your own car, you pay to fix it. If you do damage to somebody else's car, you pay to fix it. Simple as that.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Noones organised it, it was a suggestion on a public forum to go out for a weekend 4wding and camping on public land. No one pays money for the meetup the only way is if fletch poisons the others who paid him for a cook up. Otherwise the whole world would be liable for anything, sorry i find the above ridiculous

EDIT: And if thats another issue with "clubs" all the more reason to never join
    Hey growls I share your disappointment at the rediculous nature of some humans, But, the above is not only accurate but the legal precedents exist and the legal liability rests with AB as the Administrator of the forum AND the person that leads Any drive in convoy. Regardless. Friendships aside, if someone came on a drive which was being lead by another and rolled their $60,000 car off the side of a hill and broke their neck and was a quadrapedgic them friendships would stand for nothing and the guy at the front of the convoy is legally exposed. Then the chain reaction occurs and the guy that owns the Forum Meetup is the end game!

The precedents that are in place have seen a guy loose his House and Life savings and bank rusted the club he was involved in. Due to this precedent the national group of 4wd Associations were forced to find a insurance "group buy" that would cover every club member affiliated from this exposure.

This might be as simply as signing a disclaimer at the start of the meet up? I hope so. But this is Not a Guessing Game. We need to sort this out so ol' mate AB can grow old here with us.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has anyone actually looked at the legalities of this and has any concrete proof. I remember a while ago we looked into it and I thought the outcome was a public forum is just that, a chat room, no ramifications of any legal action. A registered club is a different story.
    I think leave the speculation and look into it properly, and for what its worth I think that is all rubbish. Just my opinion but I'm sticking to it...lolol,

How would this effect if a few mates go on a trip and something happens.....no forum, no facebook, no tweeter, no text just a few mates at the pub and one person made the call of saying" ok blokes we are going to hight country" Lets say one of the mates has an acca....who is liable??
    Last edited by Maxhead; 11th November 2012 at 04:08 PM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well frok me I'm never ever ever going to make a suggestion that anyone come for a wheel ever again. I better not give any advice on a forum either in case the person receiving the info froks up their car or it falls off the jACK and squashes their head and its discovered i told them how to

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

Winnie (11th November 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Totally agree Growler But its all about OH&S now, horse riding is a good eg I'd love to go but now prices are too high to make it possible
    Cant sign a waver saying that school is exempt should you fall off and break your arm., You probably sign something at Loveday as their insurance would be through the roof. It's all BS and totally agree but its the sign of the times. I don't agree but thought I would mention it. might be same at Cod classic its all about sueing someone. sure have the meet up nothing will happen and all will have a good time. But the law is there for for someone to sue. enough said, bye

Can put you onto someone if anyone wishes tofind out more, it would be on net and way.
    any club would have it in their by laws etc
    Last edited by threedogs; 11th November 2012 at 04:24 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think we better shut this forum down Andy, you might be responsible for my RSI from all the typing on this forum

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (11th November 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At this stage Chris I am trying t control the can of worms mate. The precendent mentioned above happened in Victoria a few years ago and the precedent stands.

Noted above that the club insurance doesn't cover that member unless on a gazetted Club trip. This poll is hoping to give us some indication of the number of members that may already have that insurance as you only need it Once regardless of how many clubs you are a member of if the exposure is real then let us sort that out. Trying to figure out who already has that insurance may well give us some strength to take to the Association about hooking into that insurance.

Lets get the numbers and see if there is enough already members. It may be for naught but I am certainly suggesting to AB that he get some written a legal Advice on this and hopefully a mandatory generic disclaimer that can be signed by all members at the start of the meetup.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

macca (11th November 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah ya do sign a waiver at Loveday, however you also pay a fee to a business and on private property. Not a few mates going for a wheel on crown land.Disclaimer: but i didnt say or type that

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I pay my insurance every year so I can go on trips and not worry about where I am, who I am with or what happens.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Winnie (11th November 2012)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast