OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you in a 4WD club?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

38 42.70%
  • NO

51 57.30%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you in a 4WD Club

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know youre not calling anyone here a fool or an idiot but you keep infering that anyone that doesnt do a 4x4 course or is not a member of a club is a cowboy (doing donuts to impress his mates and taking off flat stick). I think theres quite a few members that may be taking offence mate. Lets keep it positive

Theres a fairly highly regarded club around these parts with more than a few members that fall into the "cowboy" category. Not all clubs have a well structured safety agenda.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    seems forum is only for helping fix 4x4 not driver ed
    I disagree, 3D.

If only ONE person, I say again, ONE person, has learnt from THIS forum that snatch straps on tow balls, used for recoveries, are dangerous and can kill people and damage property, we have helped save them or somebody's son, daughter, mate, boy friend, girlfriend, cousin, uncle, auntie, neighbour, lurker, visitor or total stranger, from a lot of grief, or death.

Sometimes many of us take things for granted or think we know how to do stuff. Given a different perspective, may change our thoughts or ideas on the subject.

Safety with shortcuts, sucks!

If in doubt, seek professional advice and do your training through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)

Training gives you the foundations. You then need life's experiences and skills to build on that foundational training

BTW, I'm a rural, country member in the www.westernpatrolclub.com

I don't get to many outings, but it's forums like this that keeps me in touch with the 'outside world'

Imagine putting up with Clunk or Dogman nearly every weekend? Not happening!!! PML. hahahaha

Take care out there.

Rossco
    Last edited by DX grunt; 10th November 2012 at 03:52 PM.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (10th November 2012), lorrieandjas (11th January 2013), MudRunnerTD (10th November 2012), taslucas (10th November 2012), Woof (13th January 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Defininetly not calling anyone one here any names whats so ever more to push the safety point and cant see it if no one in a club.
    True some of the better drivers I know dont belong to clubs but bad habits creap in in . and again not calling anyony here names of any kind
    Just looks like the polls show either not interested, dont have time or some other reason. I'll just sit back now and read what others have to say as some is very interesting to say the least'
    this is not aimed at anyone one this forum.
    Maybe, stirring pot to get some reaction ,Seems to be working can always PM if you have real concerns,
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

6. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (11th November 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about as noob as they come where 4X4 is concerned.

I've had Patrols in the past but I only ever used them to tow my boats up and down the east coast. I think the only time I ever got into 4 wheel drive was to negotiate slippery ramps and camp sites. Sacrilege, I know!!

I found this forum a day after I ordered my new Patrol, a couple of months ago, and haven't stopped learning since.

I don't plan to go all out 4X4ing like a lot of the guys here are into. Just had my right hip replaced, for the 5th time and my wife had a multi level spinal fusion last year, so neither of us are up to the rigours of bush bashing. We are, however, looking to spend a lot of time on the sand when we move up north and for that reason I'm thankful to this site and it's members for the little I've learnt so far.

I'll be finding good courses to go on once I'm resettled, such as sand driving, recovery etc. before I even look like getting the tyres sandy, and then a local 4X4 club.

Every club has it's idiots, be it 4X4, fishing, extreme needlework, whatever. However, if you go in armed with the basic knowledge of what sounds right and what doesn't you can weed out the dropkicks pretty quickly and buddy up to people who want to have fun and be safe at the same time.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    I disagree, 3D.

Imagine putting up with Clunk or Dogman nearly every weekend? Not happening!!! PML. hahahaha

Take care out there.

Rossco
    What you talkin bout Willis?????!!!!!!! Hahahaha

Each to their own I say, we have joined or not joined clubs for various reasons.......... My first few experiences were out with mates, who have never and will never joined a club but have also shown that they're some of the most responsible blokes I know when it comes to wheeling. Definitely not idiots or cowboys.
    Don't see the point in stirring the pot....... It is after all, only a poll.

Well unless the boss man is bein cunning in his ways to stir up some discussion
    Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

taslucas (10th November 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Hi All,

Would love to get some statistics of our members to find out if you are involved in a 4WD club or not.

Even if you don't post much on here I would appreciate it if you can just press yes or no above so we can see some statistics of how many of us are actually registered in a 4wd club or not.

Appreciate the effort as always!
    Hey guys although this discussion is very worthwhile and as a general discussion about the pros and cons of being a member of a 4wd club what AB was after is actually some statistical information about how many club members also belong to this forum.

The agenda for this information is as follows. I am concerned about ABs legal exposure and that of anyone leading a trip at a forum meetup if ever an accident or injury happened. God forbid.

I am interested to know how many guys here are members of clubs that are also therefore members of their state Four Wheel Drive Association and have coverage under their Public Liability Insurance. This is Very Important.

I would like to get this thread back on track pleas and maybe should have declared the purpose earlier.

I will be investigating our exposure in the coming week. I have representation at Four wheel Drive Vic and want to discuss with them any options we may have or need to consider.

I'd really appreciate it if we could concentrate on the poll and get some real numbers please

Cheers Darren
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Clunk (10th November 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darren - not all clubs are are affilliated with state organisations. Your stats may be a bit skewed in this case.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As Mud runners states who ever has organised the vis meet up is responible for everyone who attends. so If an accident occorrurs god forbid id doesn't who's gunna pay. Ab for putting the hread, Winnie for saying he'll take caharge, bit more in it than say as=saying lets meet at so an so , IMO dont think it was hought through enough as MR knows lots of rules and other BS thats needs to be followed filled in etc, who's gunna put hand up and say I;ll organise it and if something goes pearshaped god forbid it doesn't who's paying for vechicle repairs and hospital bills....... just something to think about, you organise it you are liable
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noones organised it, it was a suggestion on a public forum to go out for a weekend 4wding and camping on public land. No one pays money for the meetup the only way is if fletch poisons the others who paid him for a cook up. Otherwise the whole world would be liable for anything, sorry i find the above ridiculous

EDIT: And if thats another issue with "clubs" all the more reason to never join
    Last edited by growler2058; 11th November 2012 at 04:00 PM.

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

Winnie (11th November 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heaven forbid going for a drive with a few mates .

This is a public forum and people post meetings, get together, workshops, walks on the beach, etc all the time but this does not constitute anyone liable IMO. I'm not clued up on this but how far do we go!!!! If I text a few mates on the phone to say I'm going for a 4WD and they show up and have an accident...am I then liable? don't think so. Same as making a phone call, sending and email, facebook, etc. It is just another means of communication.

EDIT: Also Dazz, I think there has been a lot of chatter but mostly everyone is voting so hopefully you should get some decent numbers.
    Last edited by Maxhead; 11th November 2012 at 04:09 PM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast